Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_terminator_challenge.thumb.jpg.b7f10f594317507d0f40662231b0d9a8.jpg

This is open cluster Pismis 4 in the Vela constellation and backed by part of the Vela supernova remnant. Some information regarding Paris Pismis and her catalogue can be found on this link.

http://sandandstars.co.za/2018/01/25/paris-pismis-and-her-catalogue-of-open-clusters/

original.jpg

Telescope: William Optics FLT132

Guide Scope: QHY OAG

Camera: QHY9 Mono @ -20c

Filter Wheel: QHY 7 position Ultra Slim

Filters: QHY 36mm unmounted L R G B

Guide Camera: QHY5L-II

Mount: AZ-EQ6

Mount Control: EQASCOM

Focusing: SharpSky Pro and Sequence Generator Pro 3 (automated)

Capture Software: Sequence Generator Pro 3

Guiding Software: PHD2

Calibration and Stacking Software: PixInsight

Processing Software: PixInsight

Number and Type of Data Frames: L= 18X10 min, R= 6x7 min, G= 6x7 min, B= 6x7 min

Binning: 1x1

Total Image Time: 306 minutes

Light Box by Exfso

• Like 3

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Hughsie
      As open clusters go NGC 2281 doesn't have much to shout about when comparing it to the Beehive Cluster or Pleaides and appears not to be a common target for Astrophotographers. However, what it does have is a name which accurately depicts what you see.
      It's a bit of a magic eye moment, but stare at the bright star in the centre of the frame. This is the 'point' of the heart which sits above it.
      20 light frames of 100 s each.
      15 dark frames,
      25 flat and bias frames.
      Taken with a William Optics Z61, ZWO ASI294MC Pro Cooled set at -15 degrees and unity gain all atop a Celestron AVX mount.
      Thank you for dropping by.

John

• By Lead_weight
      Spent the last three nights imaging these three objects. Managed to get them all in the same frame of my ES 102mm FCD100 scope. Pretty happy with how it turned out. I would have liked to have grabbed a little more SII data. When I originally captured it, I thought I might only have two clear nights, so I imaged it as HA/OIII. Turns out there's almost no OIII. On the third night, clouds were supposed to roll in about 4am, cutting the imaging session short, but it stayed clear the whole night, and I got a full night of data with the exception that I got a late start due to technical issues when I first started imaging.
      The ASI1600's halos are rearing their ugly heads on the two brightest stars. I tried to tone them down some by desaturating the colors around both stars...it worked a bit.
      Another 15 hours and I could probably get rid of any remaining grain, but just don't have the clear nights to get it done. 15.8 hours total imaging time.
      Equipment:
      Celestron CGX Explore Scientific 102mm FCD100 ZWO ASI1600MM-C ZWO Filter Wheel with Astrodon 5nm filters ZWO ASI290MM Mini guide camera  Stellarvue F50G guide scope
    • By Toxophilus
      I finally got round to testing my new configuration using a Pegaus Ultimate Power Box. So now only 2 cables going to the mount for everything instead of a tangled spiders web. I'm pleased with the results so far, just have a few minor things to change but I just randomly picked a target of Messier 39 to test it all with and was not expecting much. But I was delighted with the result for something that was only going to be a basic test.

• By MeyGray3833
      Howdy.
      I got out of my depth on this one, surprisingly hard to process and the colour data was rubbish, not to mention all the other stuff that is wrong with the image! We are our own worst critics!
      Anyway, the image is loosely centered on open cluster Pismis 4 backed by part of the Vela Supernova Remnant.

Telescope: William Optics FLT132
      Guide Scope: QHY OAG
      Camera: QHY9 Mono @ -20c
      Filter Wheel: QHY 7 position Ultra Slim
      Filters: QHY 36mm unmounted L R G B HA OIII SII
      Guide Camera: QHY5L-II
      Mount: AZ-EQ6
      Mount Control: EQASCOM
      Focusing: SharpSky Pro and Sequence Generator Pro 3 (automated)
      Bahtinov Mask: Yes (initial focus)
      Capture Software: Sequence Generator Pro 3
      Guiding Software: PHD2
      Calibration and Stacking Software: PixInsight
      Processing Software: PixInsight
      Number and Type of Data Frames: L= 18X10 min, R= 6x7 min, G= 6x7 min, B= 6x7 min
      Ha= x , SII= x , OIII= x .
      Binning: 1x1
      Total Image Time: 306 minutes
      Light Box by Exfso

Thanks for looking.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.