Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_beauty_night_skies.thumb.jpg.2711ade15e31d01524e7dc52d15c4217.jpg

...well according to the Daily Express!  First rough animation of 2010WC09.  I've got more files and need to get rid of that satellite trail too, but was chuffed to locate it so thought I'd share :hello2:

asteroid WC09-2.avi

Helen

• Like 5

Fantastic video.  I dont think the satellite detracts from this at all!  Just adds another dimension.

If I wanted to see this am I too late tonight?  If not how would I find it?

That's super!

I got quite a few frames last night in between the clouds, too. I have to wait until I get home from work to stitch them together though! :( 

Excellent vids guys.

I took a lot of frames of it, haven't looked at them yet but I'm thinking I may have to blink them in PinPoint to find it as I couldn't actually see it at the time, just relied on the GoTo :grin:

Dave

10 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

Excellent vids guys.

I took a lot of frames of it, haven't looked at them yet but I'm thinking I may have to blink them in PinPoint to find it as I couldn't actually see it at the time, just relied on the GoTo :grin:

Dave

I plate-solved to (what I hoped to be) the middle of the imaging run using the JPL NEO ephemeris. I only got a few minutes before the clouds rolled in, but it was very gratifying to see the smudge moving across the part of the frame just where I'd planned it! :) 

I'm looking forward to your results Dave. :)

Just now, Guy Wells said:

We covered this from the observatory. Quite a busy night.

Yes, I saw you got some nice coverage Guy :glasses9: