Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_globular_clusters.thumb.jpg.b518052b915c2cf31f5f12e33ce0e9d2.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
MeyGray3833

Search by co-ordinates in Starry Night 7 Pro Plus

Hi,

Does anyone know how to search by co-ordinates in Starry Night 7 Pro Plus. I'm looking for a couple of objects that do not seem to be in its data base. I've tried the Advanced Search function and that did not seem to do it either?

LOL! Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks.

Not sure what you're trying to achieve.

If you already know the ra and dec of the objects you should be able to search for those and see what's there under the cursor.

If there's nothing there they're not in the database.

Michael 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By John Braithwaite
      I cannot get my starry night pro plus 7 on an iMacOS high Sierra computer to communicate with the NexStar+ hand set on a CPC Celestron telscope.
      I have upgraded the handset from version 4 to version 5 and bought a new usb data cable , plus a 5-Pin Mini B Cable to fit into the NexStar+ handset,all to no avail. Please help!
    • By crcooney
      All,
      Just wanted to see what you guys thought about the Starry Night 7 software. It came with my scope and I thought it would be great. I considered getting the Pro Plus before I found out Celestron gives a copy of 7se with their scopes, but I'm not very impressed with the version that I have, so it makes me wonder if the pricey pro plus would be about the same. I have a Surface pro 4 tablet that I love but after hours of trying to getting the software to install, I gave up and blew the dust off of my old laptop because I knew it would have the proper drivers. SN7 installed and I've been playing around with the program (don't yet have the scope to pc cable for control) but honestly I'm not impressed. My surface has StarWalk 2 that I use as a guide when I'm out observing which I feel is decent (constant compass cal issues). Also, if you can't get microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 on your pc/tablet, know that starry night and the ASCOM control won't install. I would have had to reinstall windows 10 on the surface (among other things) to get the .NET 3.5 drivers to install, which I felt was just too much. I'm very computer literate and it doesn't scare me, but I knew that my 6 year old, falling apart laptop could run it because it has windows 7.  It agitates me that the almost $1,000 Surface can't install the older 3.5 driver, but thats the first problem that I've had out of it. 
      What's your thoughts on the software? Any others that you prefer?
      Also, what other chart & control software is out there? I know of a few, just want to see what the opinions are. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.