Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_supernovae_remnants.thumb.jpg.0a6deb4bf0886533629e2bdc08293bc9.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
darknight

COMPLETED - SOLD thank you

Posted (edited)

in virtually as new condition, few signs of use obviously, comes with all in pictures,

pick up is preferred will send of course if needed, just sort out a courier and ill pack it.

only selling as moved up to larger scope

cheers for looking

£160

IMG_20180425_100804.jpg

IMG_20180425_100817.jpg

IMG_20180425_100909.jpg

Edited by darknight

if any help up to Cardiff in next few days or so :)

hi paul, sorry for late reply, its the 200p explorer, came out before the ds, exactly same mirror just ds Is a bit shorter, supposedly to make astrophotography easier, but I never found it a problem with this one :)

Thanks for the reply. No problem with the lateness, life comes first unfortunately!

Is this just the "body" if that's the correct term or does it have any lenses etc? I presume I'd then also need a tripod/mount? I'm very new to scopes having only previously used my camera for astrophotography. I'm looking for something that would mainly be used for observing with the option of astrophotography. Think this would cut the mustard?

the 8" is a very good scope, I used it for mainly observing but I did add a ccd and a dslr to get some very nice images sort of on the cheap.

I could throw in a couple of odd lenses to get you started, not top notch ones but the standard ones.

you would need a tripod, my son used a standard eq5 then added a motor drive, this worked very well, and even the image on my avatar is his from that scope and a dslr.

an eq5 is what would come standard usually on this scope and can be picked up pretty cheap, its on its limit on weight, fine for visual, just gotta be a bit more carefull with astro, personally I think its a good starting scope, big enough to see decent without a huge cost.

let me know if I can help anymore, if you pm me then I usually get a message text......mostly :)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 16/05/2018 at 21:07, PaulConfused said:

Think this would cut the mustard?

Hi Paul.

I use the little brothers to this scope for imaging, the 130P & 130P-DS on an HEQ5. There really isn't that much difference between them, I assume the same is true for the bigger P vs P-DS scopes.

I also have the 200P (this scope advertised) which I use for visual use on an EQ5. I have seen Jupiter, with its bands & four moons clearly visible and Saturn with its rings clearly visible. 

If I didn't already own a 200P I would certainly snap this one up! 

Hope that helps with your decision making.
Pete. 

Edited by Redscouse
typo

well, cant believe I still have this but reduced to 130, really need the space now.........no pun intended :)