Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Explore Scientific 32mm 62 Degree Vs. Orion 32mm 70 Degree

I only have experience of ExSc eyepieces and in my opinion you cannot go wrong.  62 degrees is quite a good AFoV, especially if you are not used to wide field eyepieces.  It should work well in your telescope.  The other thing I would say is always buy astronomy equipment from a dedicated astronomy supplier, you will get good advice and good service. 

7 hours ago, rwilkey said:

I only have experience of ExSc eyepieces and in my opinion you cannot go wrong.  62 degrees is quite a good AFoV, especially if you are not used to wide field eyepieces.  It should work well in your telescope.  The other thing I would say is always buy astronomy equipment from a dedicated astronomy supplier, you will get good advice and good service. 

The Orion Q70 38mm is on it's way. Thanks sir.

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/05/2018 at 07:17, rwilkey said:

Returned the 38mm Q70, and ordered the Q70 32mm. The Q70 32mm has an additional 8 degrees. Also, I am saving $50 buying the Q70 32mm. Will the ExSc 32mm give me a better view, and show a flatter field towards the edge?

I already had a 32mm Orion Q70, I hear they are very good with slow telescope.. Me with my fast F5 Newtonian, I found it to be full of aberrations and I had to replace it after 12 month of utilisation with a Explore scientific 34mm 68 degrees which is much much better, both can even compare. 34mm is a bit heavy, around 698g but totally a keeper and more then half the price of the Panoptic 35mm (some say, for similar results)

Although, I don't know how it would be with a refractors telescope. (probably very good ?)

I asked about the 62 degrees ES here in the past and they are not has appreciated has the ES 68 degrees or ES 82 degrees series.

Today even with a slow scope, I would not buy the Q70 series a second time.

The 38mm should have a wider true field of view then the 32mm?

My current favourite wide field EP.

kLLfh7A.jpg?1

Archived