Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M81M82 Last go this side of summer

tomato

Here is 155 mins of data taken with the Esprit 150/Mesu 200/G2-8300, less than ideal with a loss of Astro darkness and the moon still up for some of them. These targets are now disappearing behind the neighbour’s  house so no more data for a while.

I’m having a go at doing all of the processing in APP, but still not there yet. Not sure why the calibration and stacking hasn’t eliminated all of the satellite trails and the noise reduction isn’t as straightforward as in StarTools, but it’s pretty intuitive to use, sliders are good!

Details below, please don’t ask why the weird number of colour subs, it’s a long story...

L 7 x 300 secs

R 8 x 300 secs

G 9 x 300 secs

B 7 x 300 secs

Thanks for looking

644079D8-CD90-494E-9757-A7A44963CC67.jpeg

You have framed the target very well and I can see plenty of detail within the Ha jets and within the core of Bodes.

There is lurking green across the background on my monitor and the colour balance is too much to the magenta (even considering you only have a limited data set).  Perhaps there is adjustment to make on your histogram to help with the balance?

HTH

Thanks Barry, for the feedback, there was quite of lot of playing around with the colour balance and there was a bad gradient on some of the colour subs caused by imaging close to the neighbour’s 3 storey townhouse with the upstairs light coming on!

I’ll take another look at it.

Archived