SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M92

alan4908

In order to maximize my imaging time during clear skies, I've recently started to capture bright star clusters when the moon is too bright for any other deep space object. My latest LRGB attempt is below, the globular cluster M92. Apart from the inevitable light pollution gradients, removed during post processing, the effects of the moon light pollution appear to be minimal.

The image was taken with my Esprit 150 and represents about 3.6 hours integration time.

Alan 

5af58cde0e894_19.final.thumb.jpg.940dcbf9e5292b63e9842afa84a31b17.jpg

LIGHTS: L:11,R:10. G:11, B:11 x 300s, DARKS:30, FLATS:40, BIAS:100 all at -20C.

19 hours ago, Peco4321 said:

Wow, that's all I can say. Beautiful 

Thanks Peter :hello:

19 hours ago, wookie1965 said:

I really like this cluster much missed out by observers who go straight for M13 such a beautiful cluster. 

Yes, it does tend to be a little neglected in preference for M13.

18 hours ago, Craney said:

I like the orange stars embedded in the swarm of the hotter white cluster.  All my piccies just wash this subtlety away.

Yes, it is nice to have a range of colour and as I mentioned above, the bright moon didn't seem to affect this aspect during image capture. 

18 hours ago, Jkulin said:

much prefer M92 than M13 and that is a cracker that you have captured.

Thanks John :hello:

4 hours ago, PhotoGav said:

Another great advert for the 150 - a beautiful image, well done!

Thanks Gav :happy11: - yes, the Esprit 150 is a very nice scope !

2 hours ago, steppenwolf said:

A beautiful image, Alan with especially nice golden star colours.

Thanks Steve ! :hello:

13 hours ago, Barry-Wilson said:

Nice work Alan: preserved stellar definition into the core with super colouring.  A terrific study at your pixel scale.

Thanks for the comment Barry. :happy11:

Yes, I was happy with the star colours and my pixel scale (0.7 arc seconds per pixel) seemed to work well for this type of object.

Alan

Archived