Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

At last - first photo

1 hour ago, cjdawson said:

"The main things that I'm working on at the moment is getting my skills with drift alignment up to speed.  Then I feel that capturing data is going to be alot less painful than before."

Why not use the PA tool in sharpcap ? I heard good things about it and it is much cheaper than PoleMaster and faster than drift alignment. I am more of a Linux guy so I use INDI/Ekos to do my PA and platesolving for GOTO and center my target... works like a charm :)

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Vox45 said:

Why not use the PA tool in sharpcap ? I heard good things about it and it is much cheaper than PoleMaster and faster than drift alignment. I am more of a Linux guy so I use INDI/Ekos to do my PA and platesolving for GOTO and center my target... works like a charm :)

What I meant was drift alignment as a process.  I'm going to start by using Alignmaster, then if that doesn't work for me, the tool in PHD2.   I could add the SharpCap tool if PHD2 doesn't work for me.      I have no intention of doing drift alignment the old fashioned way, that's far to slow and laborious.

As for the Polemaster, no chance of that working with my fork mounted SCT.

Archived