Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

I went out last night to a spot which pretty good to catch aurora if theres a geomagnetic storm, there was a slight purple tinge early on but the sky was not dark enough to really capture it on camera. 

ive recently got my Sony a7rii and last night was really the first real go i had of using it.  unfortunately i think ive forgotten to take the steady shot off :BangHead: so as the wind has blown slightly the sensor has shifted during a couple of exposures but you really cant tell unless your a pixel peeper . 

so heres my first MW of the year with mynew camera

I also captured this young couple sitting under Jupiter enjoying  their technology rather than the sky  ^_^

both images resized down to 60% quality as the files on this camera are huge!!!

SONYA7RII

ZEISS 24-70 F4 

for the pano 12 vertical panes ISO 3200 20seconds each

penmon pano jppeg.jpg

jupiter couple.jpg

I really like that Penmon Pano Danny. You've done a really nice job of processing so many panels.

I see what you mean about peeping at the stars. Odd effect and cheers for posting such a good quality image to investigate properly.

Are you enjoying the Sony so far ? I believe the Zeiss Batis 18mm is a killer on the Sony 7R series !

I think it's due to be clear there again tonight if you want to try again ! :)

Dave.

1 hour ago, davew said:

I really like that Penmon Pano Danny. You've done a really nice job of processing so many panels.

I see what you mean about peeping at the stars. Odd effect and cheers for posting such a good quality image to investigate properly.

Are you enjoying the Sony so far ? I believe the Zeiss Batis 18mm is a killer on the Sony 7R series !

I think it's due to be clear there again tonight if you want to try again ! :)

Dave.

The BATIS :happy6: is next on my list. Dave. Unfortunately I’m in work tonight but I’m heading back on Saturday with the family for a sleepover so I will sneak out if it’s clear. 

The Sony raws are really nice and my laptop just about handles the 13 vertical panes !!

Im really pleased with the Sony glad I’ve moved systems eventually.

Dan

On 08/05/2018 at 16:35, Daniel-K said:

The BATIS :happy6: is next on my list. Dave. Unfortunately I’m in work tonight but I’m heading back on Saturday with the family for a sleepover so I will sneak out if it’s clear. 

The Sony raws are really nice and my laptop just about handles the 13 vertical panes !!

Im really pleased with the Sony glad I’ve moved systems eventually.

Dan

I hope the Batis works ok then. It's not the widest or the fastest but looks to be the best corrected so far. I did consider an A7Sii but have not taken the plunge so far.

Good luck at the weekend. I'm hoping to do a bit next week just trying to keep up with you !

Dave.

5 hours ago, davew said:

I hope the Batis works ok then. It's not the widest or the fastest but looks to be the best corrected so far. I did consider an A7Sii but have not taken the plunge so far.

Good luck at the weekend. I'm hoping to do a bit next week just trying to keep up with you !

Dave.

I’ve got  few mates who shoot with it and it’s awesome. Can’t wait to get one.

Archived