Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

potential star party venue

I have just come back from a camping trip to this venue   https://www.lowgreensidefarmcampsite.co.uk/

the skies are pristine, the very best i have seen, and broad open horizons, the owners are open to the idea of a star party, this is something i dont plan on organising, as not planning to go to a star party this year, i did think a Mars apposition star party could be interesting, facilities are a little basic, but the skies are stunning 

Limited EHU, campsite kinda closes end of october but could accommodate a star part and could roll out some power cables....campaign for dark skies would like them to promote astro events  

P1000747.JPG

P1000748.JPG

P1000749.JPG

P1000750.JPG

P1000751.JPG

P1000752.JPG

P1000753.JPG

P1000754.JPG

DJI_0009.JPG

5 minutes ago, knobby said:

Looks lovely, but how long was the selfie stick you used for the last picture ?

Its a special selfie stick that can extend from 3M to 500M, with self stabilisation made by a company called DJI, built in high res camera 

Just checked out the website, see they have a yurt for glamping, that's cool! Although I like the minimalist approach to camping, so that campsite would suit me fine :) Photos look good. Should be pretty dark sky's in the sticks in Cumbria.

Great find Jules! I have used one of your other finds - Usha Gap. Unfortunately I was unable to make the little soirée you previously organised there but did make it there Nov ‘17. Good site and skies.

looks like I have another of your recommendations to try out ?

Thanks for posting!

5 minutes ago, Uplooker said:

Great find Jules! I have used one of your other finds - Usha Gap. Unfortunately I was unable to make the little soirée you previously organised there but did make it there Nov ‘17. Good site and skies.

looks like I have another of your recommendations to try out ?

Thanks for posting!

Ian, hope all is good with you, i thought of you and this site as its easy to get to for you, M6 J38, about 8 miles to Ravenstonedale

Your right. Do you get any LP / sky glow from Richmond? There a tad visible from Usha Gap, but not intrusive. The horizons look a lot better at this new site.

All is good here, can’t remember the last time we met up ?

Could not see any LP whatsoever, even the house was in darkness, the static caravan has a low watt bulb outside that can be turned of, must have been the last PSP

Archived