Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello again from New Delhi!

prabal276

Hello,

My first scope was a 60mm refractor. I pushed it to it's limits in Delhi's light polluted skies. Me being a student can't travel out to dark skies very frequently. So I usually have to make do with what's available. We can see max 2nd magnitude stars here. No fainter. So I'm limited to only the moon, planets and some brighter DSO's. After observing all that I could, I felt the need to upgrade to a larger scope.

I recently became a proud owner of a GSO 8" Dobsonian after collecting cash for a few years. It cost me 700 $ along with a laser collimator.

Now that I have my new scope, I can start having all nighters again. I'm super excited!!!!!!

Clear skies to you(we don't have clear skies since the last 4 days),

Prabal

IMG_20180504_133800_078.jpg

Congratulations! That's a nice looking GSO scope there. :headbang:  Eight inches is an excellent size to keep you interested for the rest of your life.  Keep us posted with your observing efforts.

Welcome Prabal, from land down under, Australia

Just got back from 2 weeks with my partner, our daughter and her partner from your part of the world, during the Comm Games

Visited the Jantra Mantra at Jaipur, what amazing place

Based ourselves out of Delhi, and our tour operator in Delhi, arranged everything

Had a driver, and he took us to Agra, Jaipur and Rishikesh

Flew then to Varanasi

From Varanasi, then back to Delhi, and from Delhi to Amritsar, and watched the spectual of the lowering of the flags Indian/Pakistan border at Wagah, and from Amritsar flew to Mumbai

Whole time was there, was not able to view what was above us, due to light and atmosphere pollution

The night we stayed in Agra, caught a glimpse of Venus setting

Attached pic of Taj Mahal hidden in pollution taken from Agra Fort 

Cheers

John

Taj Mahal from Agra Fort.jpg

Archived