Sketches

sgp autofocus settings

using an ed80 and pegasus motor control for autofocus but struggling getting the v shape in autofocus ,just wondered if anyone was using similar and could tell me their settings for autofocus thanks guys

i found that increasing the steps made a huge difference when i was in a similar position; i presume you have tried the formula in the manual where you defocus to 3-4x the best hfr?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ampleamp said:

i found that increasing the steps made a huge difference when i was in a similar position; i presume you have tried the formula in the manual where you defocus to 3-4x the best hfr?

no i have not seen that 

Have a read of - http://mainsequencesoftware.com/Content/SGPHelp/SequenceGeneratorPro.html?UnderstandingAutoFocus.html

Unless you are lucky and someone has the same kit, it really is a case of trial and error. I have a Lakeside focuser where the step size is just 24 and a SharpSky that is 150. Both give perfect V curves on decent seeing but wander around a bit when seeing is poor. 

Edited by ampleamp
  • Like 1