SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

IC 1795 and NGC 896 in Ha - 8th of Oct

Whippy

I could be dead by Saturday. Clear last night, and could well be tonight and tomorrow. Still, it's all in the name of fun :undecided:. You've probably seen a few pics of the Heart Nebula (IC 1805), including MartinB's fine example, well here's a close up of the bit at the bottom. Not quite sure what parts are the NGC and the IC parts so if anyone can help... Lost a couple of subs due to tracking errors but otherwise no problems. I just left it to it's own devices while I had a play with my 'light thimble' (TAL1 OTA on a dob mount) observing the winter constellations rising over the Easter horizon. Lovely evening, shame work and family commitments made the evening shorter than I'd like it to be but there will be more....

Anyways, IC 1795 & NGC 896. 3 hours total exposure time (30 x 6 mins) taken by an Atik 16HR camera with an Astronomik 13nm Ha filter in the nosepiece through a WO ZS110. Guided by a WO ZS66, QHY5 and PHD, all riding atop an EQ6 pro. Stacked in DSS and processed photoshop.

9186_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Tony..

ooo! nice to see I wasnt the only one oput last night shooting Ha, and reaping the rewards.

Indeed mate, in one sense it was the worst of both worlds because there was plenty of moon and it's associated glow but it was hiding behind my house so I couldn't observe it. On the other hand, it doesn't stop me from imaging :undecided: . God bless the man who invented narrowband filters...

Tony..

Archived