Is it that time of the year already? NGC2237 Rosette Ha

SteveL

After the first all night imaging session at home since what appears to be the beginning of time, I am shattered :undecided: At least at Kelling I could have a lie in, but I had to come to work today... bah!

After taking a couple of sequences (that I still need to work on quite extensively), I saw a familiar sight appearing just over the top of the roofline... the top of Orion, his head peeking over the top and his body sliding slowly round the corner, showing more and more as time passed. Winter really is almost upon us, it was very cold last night, almost frosty.

Instead of rushing to point the kit at Orions Belts or the sword, I waited a while. I walked up to the back of the garden to get a better view, to see if an old friend of mine was likely to come out to play before the sun made its presence known by turning the sky blue.

And there is was! Trailing not that far behind Orion, and just a little low, but certainly about to make an appearance for my camera. I turned the scope to where it should be, and watched as the shadow of the roofline slowly slipped away in the quick images that were flashing up on the screen.

And there it was.... Hello old friend, I`m sure we will be seeing an awful lot of each other over the next few months.

OTA: NS8GPS @ f/2 (Hyperstar v3)

Guiding: William Optics ZenithStar 66 SD + DSI-C + PHD

Imaging: QHY8 + MaximDL, 15x600s, 13nm Ha

Stacked: DeepSkyStacker

Post Process: ImagesPlus + PSCS2 + Noel Carboni’s AstroTools

(Click on image for larger version)

ngc2237_ha_20081009_wip1_800.jpg

Now that is Wunderbar. I love it. If you are going to paint it Steve, please leave this one where it is.

PS. Has this got enough resolution to poster size it.?

Very doubtful. A3 Maybe. Will have to see....

TJ - For me, this target hides behind my house, so it will be a while before it rises at a decent time, and also stays above the horizon for long enough to get a really good session on it.

Whippy - yep, you are correct... just a LITTLE bit too much star reduction. I tend to do multiple star reduction layers when processing, and completely wipe the stars so I can see what I am doing to the nebula, but sometimes I dont let the stars come back far enough.

Archived