SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

milburn wedge

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So just for clarification, was your positioning correct from the start? And with the controller you have to rotate the forks 180 degrees in RA to point the scope towards the Southern meridian after polar alignment? If so, that is the complete opposite of the Meade setup, and I greatly apologize for misleading you.

Derek

hello everyone!

just wanted to update that i yesterday did an observation!

i had one problem... the tracking didnt work... i followed the Instructions according to the link but most of his step didnt work to me so i did eq north align (im in the northern hemisphere), and then wanted to do eq two star align. i did but all the time the align filed! i didnt know what to do so at the end i done eq one star align (i think), and i did arcturus. and then i did polar align (i moved the wedge with his handles) from the hand control again on arcturus (in all this attempts the hand control didnt offer me to choose polaris), and after the polar align i tried to shoot 20 sec exposure and i saw star trails... im sure i have done something wrong but im not sure...

can you help me?

thank you very much!

Archived