Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_celestial_motion.thumb.jpg.a9e9349c45f96ed7928eb32f1baf76ed.jpg

Mick J

Feature update to Windows 10, version 1803

There's a lot of changes and new features. Nothing to get excited about though.

Oh great, just about to fire the tablet up.

I don't use it that often and it seems there is always an update when I fire it up.

Oh crap, my new lappy has just spent 4 days downloading 1709 and now it is going to try for 1803!!! Grrrrrr

I don't mind not using the lappy at the moment, (I got it for the back of the ML) but it gums up my other PCs Internet use.

Rich

It is a reasonable size update and seemingly all based on data collection, storage and permissions.  Be careful when you start after update as there are a ton of NO's you'll probably want to select instead of the default YES.

Hasn't broke anything, and all seems to be working fine with it installed.

Spoke too soon.  Oculus has stopped working.

Oh great..... Both obs computers are disconnected due to the build, but I have updates switched off...... So I hope to be OK :)

Yes I would wait a bit, Sara.  I have updates on notify only but thought I'd give it a go.  Just rolling back now.

Yep, rolled back and Oculus working again.

23 hours ago, RayD said:

Spoke too soon.  Oculus has stopped working.

Hi Ray I have just done this update astro gear ok and so is the Oculus

22 minutes ago, andyo said:

Hi Ray I have just done this update astro gear ok and so is the Oculus

That's odd Andy.  Mine just started displaying a black screen no matter what I did.  Rolled back and it started working again.  I'll give it another go.  Everything else seemed to work fine.

I'm win10pro and now offered 18 hours as 'active hours'  (up from 12 hours).

1 hour ago, RayD said:

That's odd Andy.  Mine just started displaying a black screen no matter what I did.  Rolled back and it started working again.  I'll give it another go.  Everything else seemed to work fine.

Yes nothing on the oculus forum (yet) about this update causing issues apparantly a common cause for blackscreen is the riftdisplay. Inf driver being blocked or uninstalled

. However, there are other causes for black screens. The most popular one has to do with the RiftDisplay.inf driver being blocked or uninstalled somehow. I have instructions to reinstall it earlier in this thread. And there could be other reasons too. In any case, if you experience a black screen, please submit a bug report in the Help Center of the Oculus app. It's in the lower left corner, then click Provide Feedback. Thanks.

It won't install on the tablets -but it keeps trying.