Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_globular_clusters.thumb.jpg.b518052b915c2cf31f5f12e33ce0e9d2.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Fieldsy

Sky-Watcher supatrak

Hi guys I have a supatrak mount and trying to find a longer lead for the control pad as it a little short and wobbles the tripod a little when you use it as the cable is a flexi and stretched as this is on the opposite side to where you stand.

many thanks in advance .

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By jambouk
      Is it possible to get an extension lead for the handset of the Celestron Advanced GT mount? 
      Thanks
      James

• By Stu
      I'm selling this very nice condition Vixen GP mount which comes complete with twin MT1 motor drives and handset, polar scope and original aluminium tripod with accessory tray. It also has an original green counterweight (not the small white one shown) can check the weight at the weekend.
      The mount functions very well and smoothly, copes with my C9.25 for visual albeit on an EQ6 tripod. Some may say that an EQ is not needed for visual but I find it excellent for planetary, lunar and solar observing where the simple tracking keeps the target centred and allows you to draw out more detail. Also very suitable for imaging of course although I have never used it for that. The MT1 motors are limited to x32 slew rate max, but again I find this ideal for panning across the solar or lunar surface at high power.
      I am away until the weekend so can post better pictures then.
      Looking for £250 ono collected or I can look to meet halfway at reasonable distance from either Walton-on-Thames or Reading. Will also pack and ship at cost.
      I will include the cable controls free and the quick release clutches for an additional £50.

• By DaveyLeo10
      My Nexstar Evolution handset just decided to give me this message  'boot loader serial invalid pkg 0080'. I assume there's a way to fix it. I got no wires or connections when the scope came so I have no idea how to hook it up to my laptop or which connection to buy.
    • By quantumpanda
      Dear Stargazers Community,
      Due to a series of unfortunate circumstances, my HEQ5 was stuck in a wet/damp garage for a lengthy period. Today I was able to salvage it. Initially I had some issues getting the motors going, but I was able to do it - despite the mount being very wet - with water actually in the power port.
      After a while it stopped tracking, and emitted a constant whine. I noticed the Syntrek handset was flashing - ALL keys. Nothing I pressed did anything. The LED on the actual mount was consistent. After a series of removing and reinserting the power/handset I was able to get it working again. Shortly after it failed again. This time I could not get it to work.
      I brought the head inside and dismantled it to see inside. The compartment with the board in looked dry, so I removed the front port panel and checked there. A small amount of water, which I dried. I put the whole thing back together to no effect.
      I left it for about 5 minutes, then retried and now it works again. I've just left it on and tracking now.
      Since I don't seem to be able to find anything online about flashing LEDs on the handset, I have not been able to confirm what the problem actually is (although it does sound water damage likely).
      Anyone familiar with this, heard from someone else, or just any tips about keeping it running? I'm worried it might just give up completely. It is possible to replace the board in this situation, and if so, how much do they cost?
      Thanks for reading.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.