Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss_winners.thumb.jpg.9deb4a8db27e7485a7bb99d98667c94e.jpg

nicoscy

COMPLETED - For Sale: Takahashi Mewlon 180B

I am selling my Takahashi Mewlon 108B as I made a serious mistake – I started Electronically Assisted Astronomy and now I am after a flat field refractor. This Mewlon, being the B series, comes with the 7x50 Takahashi illuminated finderscope, factory front cover, factory dovetail and a 2” JMI motorized focuser which works both with or without power (you need to loosen up a tool-less screw to gain manual control).

I purchased this scope from Italy and you can see an actual review of this particular scope here (Google translate is your friend):

http://www.dark-star.it/astronomia-articoli-e-test/test-strumentali/takahashi-mewlon-180-b/

The ad from Cloudynights is here:

https://www.cloudynights.com/classifieds/item/130008-takahashi-mewlon-180b/

The scope will be shipped in the original box, properly packed and the original case will be placed in a bigger box, again, properly packed, via courier service, fully insured with tracking. I tested the scope myself and there is no loss of illumination or mirror damage which would warrant a recoating of this scope any time soon. The photos I attach I took when I mounted the scope. For more photos, just see the ad above.

I would be happy to part with it for £ 1,240 including shipping and delivery.

2018-03-18 19.55.47.jpg

2018-04-08 20.10.02.jpg

2018-03-15 07.50.12.jpg

Very nice! I always wanted one of these. Maybe a bit close to my TSA-120 though. Probably should hold out for the 210.

Good luck with the sale.

Al

Thanks! Horses for courses and all that. Quite a lot of fun dual mounting this setup but yeah, probably too close, although the Mewlon could be used for planetary imaging as well :)

So I guess you would be selling FS128 as well...oh nooo....

I will be buried with the FS-128 when it’s time to depart this plane of existence!!!!!

• Haha 1