SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Show us your Mak DSO images

Dazzyt66

Just cos I'm interested...

We know Maks are great at planets and lunar. Lets showcase any images that are NOT planets or lunar. Has to be done through a Mak. Any camera setup. Any mount setup.

My two first tries are single frames of Dumbbell and Ring nebular from a couple of years ago. Once the clouds clear I intend to try some proper stacked DSO imaging... so this thread is to give me inspiration of the art of the possible...

IMG_0053.JPG

IMG_0056.JPG

5 minutes ago, Dazzyt66 said:

Ha ha ha OK, now I’m starting to feel inadequate!

Its truly good to see what can be done though, ?

Took me a while to get everything to work as it should, and a big part of all imaging is in the processing.

My next self modding project is to add a cooling system to my astro modded 40D DSLR.

I'm calling foul on the SCT's :evil5:.   MAK127 or 90's cant use a reducer (as far as I know?) so DS imaging at F10-F12 is something different..

Actually, I am just bitter and twisted that I: a) cannot see the Carina nebula from here, and b.) Dont think my 127mm will ever capture that much detail :(

But I will rise to the challenge and have a go whenever we next get a clear night (I heard there is going to be at least 3 more in 2018... :dontknow:)

Mike

5 hours ago, mikeyj1 said:

I'm calling foul on the SCT's :evil5:.   MAK127 or 90's cant use a reducer (as far as I know?) so DS imaging at F10-F12 is something different..

Actually, I am just bitter and twisted that I: a) cannot see the Carina nebula from here, and b.) Dont think my 127mm will ever capture that much detail :(

But I will rise to the challenge and have a go whenever we next get a clear night (I heard there is going to be at least 3 more in 2018... :dontknow:)

Mike

That’s the spirit Mike! Us Mak boys (and girls) have to stick together... if the bloody weather allows obvs! ?

I really am inspired by @MarsG76 stuff. Gotta see if my 150 can do anything half (and that would be hoping) as good!!

That is the challenge after all... don’t matter what you got to work with - if it’s a Mak or SCT let’s see what they can do! ?

Archived