Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M31 from New Mexico Skies

Paxo

Taken on the GRAS system using Tak FSQ-106 ED and SBIG STL-11000M. LRGB image with 12 x 5 minutes Luminance unbinned and 5x3 mins 2x2 binned for RGB. Stacked in DSS and processed using PS and Pixinsight LE.

9179_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Thought I would image this one through GRAS to look into the processing of this difficult object, taking 'bad quality data' out of the equation. Feel confident to give this a thorough crack at Keilder given clear skies.

Thanks for looking.

Steve..

Jeepers, look how fine the detail is in the dust lanes!! Nice.

It seems to me that without a dark sky, you just dont get the 'true' colours of M31 captured to chip. Just look at MartinB's image from Kelling and it graphically shows that, and the same with this pic Steve, Those duck eggy hues are lost to LP I think.

Hope you get the chance to use your own kit on this, and hope the pic is as good :undecided:

TJ

Blimey, how did I miss this first time round? The fine detail is just stunning...

Sky @ Night mag will not publish GRAS captured images in their Reader's Hotshots section (I asked!), although if they were sent, they may place the images into an image library for possible use in a future magazine.

Blimey, how did I miss this first time round? The fine detail is just stunning...

Sky @ Night mag will not publish GRAS captured images in their Reader's Hotshots section (I asked!), although if they were sent, they may place the images into an image library for possible use in a future magazine.

Already sent to the main alternative, I got the same information from S@N. Astronomy Now originally featured an article on the GRAS system and so are a bit more 'open minded' to publishing remotely captured images, I've had one published already so I can testify to this.

Thanks for the comments by the way.

Steve..

Archived