Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Rock painting Messier marathon

spaceman_spiff

Hi all,

As I'm sure you are aware, the rock painting craze is going strong at the moment especially up here in Bury and Ramsbottom. My wife and I are really quite keen on it, she is painting Pokemon and I am starting my own Messier marathon. Admittedly, I am just going for a passing resemblance (no plate-solving accuracy here!). Anyone who finds the rocks please take a pic and post to Rammy Rocks on Facebook.

Cheers!

Dan :happy7:

M1_M2_rocks.jpg

30 minutes ago, spaceman_spiff said:

Unfortunately, the Crab nebula turned out to be more of a funky splodge! Also, given my rather poor painting skills, most of the globular clusters will end up looking the same, that's not going to stop me though!

"...poor painting skills..." tut! - I think they are very good to excellent. I would rather have one these displayed and be shown off at home rather than a 'pet rock'.  

1 hour ago, spaceman_spiff said:

Unfortunately, the Crab nebula turned out to be more of a funky splodge!

The Crab nebula IS a funky splodge- at least in my scope. I'm always very happy to see it.

Archived