Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Getting in the swing of the QHY8

Beyond_Vision

This is my third real attempt at using the QHY8 and I'm just getting used to Maxim and the camera and so was pleased how this one turned out. Taken with a APM TMB 105, Televue 0.8 FF/FR, QHY8 CCD and guided with a 102mm Bresser/DSI-II using PHD. M31 exposure 13 x 5 mins subs stacked in DSS Log(Sqr Root) curves applied, Dynamic Background Extraction in Pix Insight LE and finished in PSCS3 with Noels Actions.

9177_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Regards

Kevin

Great pic Kevin, you know M31 is properly exposed when all those dust lanes in the foreground show up.

I'm not sure why, but the 400D just doesnt seem to 'see' those dust lanes as being reddy brown. Any ideas? I have some M31 data here that needs that kind of know-how!!

Was that last night or tonight?

Getting the hang of it is a bit of an understatement Kevin. Seems to me you have passed the advance driving test with the camera. That's some image, and I look forward to more like this.

There are a few QHY8's out there now. It certainly delivers the goods.

Ron.

Kevin,

This is a nice image. As I look at it my QHY8 is collecting light from the same subject, though in my case the 'scope is a 200mm f/4 Newtonian. If my image is half as good as this, I will be happy ;-)

Nice to see more folks using the QHY8 now.

Regards

Dave

Archived