Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Celestron Astromaster 130EQ Astro Reflector Astronomy Telescope, MPN 31045-CGL

Hi could i have opinions on this as a first Telescope please? 

These are being offered brand new for less than £20 and seem too good to be true so thought i would ask on here? 

Many thanks in advance. 

IMG_20180426_064902.jpg

Less than £20 - wow that seems too good to be true. This was my first scope but I rapidly realised that I needed something better. But, as a visual scope, it could be a start and at £20 I don't see how you can go wrong.

Peter

Thanks Peter, i have just bought som 25x70 skymaster binoculars but saw this and thought exactly the same too good to be true. I have asked for confirmation that it is complete etc. 

In description says should be able to see some cool stuff, i will always get my £20 back when i upgrade

Having cut my astro teeth on the 130EQ, my usual advice would be to look at the Skywatcher 130p which is a better all round package. I could list the irritations concerning the Celestron 130EQ but for less than £20 who could really complain. That said, my ever suspicious mind that queries too good to be true deals is reminded of the saying that if its too good to be true then the truth is getting lost somewhere, or something like that. I'd be inclined to double check it all out before jumping. 

Archived