Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

4" Apo bargain.

This works out to be just £568 with the current exchange rate, or in other units, 0.25 Tak100's! Even if you needed ES Reid to tune it it's still a bit of a bargain if you ask me.

https://www.bresser.de/en/Sale/Display-Items/EXPLORE-SCIENTIFIC-ED-APO-102mm-f-7-FCD-1-Alu-2-R-P-Focuser.html

I'm tempted, always thought a 4" f/7 apo could be the perfect urban scope, but really shouldn't with vacant rental house haemorrhaging £650 per month at the moment, hence the heads up to others :) 

Seems a bargain??I am in the middle of looking for a 80-110mm apo. Will there be much of a difference in image quality between an FPL53 doublet and these types of triplets?

I have a budget of £800 give or take, ideally I dont want to go lower then 650mm. Finding an FPL53 wuth similar spec is probing difficult.

Thanks all.

Archived