SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Skywatcher 190mm Maksutov-Newtonian Astrograph

FLO

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've just just heard that the 'RRP' will be £949

Check FLO's latest price HERE

Delivery is expected before end of month.

Please note, these will be in very short supply (we were only able to secure half what we wanted) for at least a month. A second delivery is expected late-Nov.

• 3 weeks later...

Img_6293.jpg

Did have a small condensation problem, caused by leaving the bag over the mount when the sun came up in the morning and turning the inside into sauna, but it cleared very quickly (10mins) once the cover came off.

Img_6285.jpg

The only time I got to use it was to align the finder with a distant tree..... the tree looked really good :)

SteveL, I understand you still have the 190 OTA in your care, until such time as you can complete a review. It goes without saying that you are in the lap of the gods regarding weather, work commitments etc. Given a perfect situation, what timescale do you envisage for a complete analyses of the scope, both visually, and an Imaging assessment.

Ron. :)

Given ideal conditions, I would be on a FLO sponsored imaging trip to New Mexico during new moon :)

As thats highly unlikely to happen, i`ll drag the 190 OTA out the first night its looks like it will be clear and image for as long as I can. I have a few RGB targets that I had lined up as "possibles" for Kielder, but I`ll have to add some Ha targets as well now the moon is going to become a problem again. The weather forecast for the rest of the week is also looking pretty dire :)

I`ll only really be able to give any definitive thoughts about the imaging side, as what I know about visual observing is very limited.

Given ideal conditions, I would be on a FLO sponsored imaging trip to New Mexico during new moon :)

As thats highly unlikely to happen, i`ll drag the 190 OTA out the first night its looks like it will be clear and image for as long as I can. I have a few RGB targets that I had lined up as "possibles" for Kielder, but I`ll have to add some Ha targets as well now the moon is going to become a problem again. The weather forecast for the rest of the week is also looking pretty dire :)

I`ll only really be able to give any definitive thoughts about the imaging side, as what I know about visual observing is very limited.

If it is to be New Mexico, can I carry it. Of course if the skies happen to be rubbish there. (As if). You might need to use Cactii. No trees in the desert. I think Your friend from Green Witch has done a stint with the Mak N. Nothing conclusive on that run, the conditions were rubbish then too. There is no hurry really, I still have a load of grovelling to do. :laughing2:

Ron.

Can you explain what you mean by "what is the back focus?".

The OTA is designed to work as an imaging scope primarily, and the native focus point is designed to provide focus for CCD/DSLR/webcam/etc as it is. If you want to use it for visual, you have to use the extension tube supplied to get to focus for eyepieces.

Hi

Sorry, I'll try and make myself a bit clearer, just not using the right terminology.... :oops: I currently image with an SXV-AO and associated OAG, filter wheel and Atk16hr, so the imaging train is quite lengthy. This is fine on an ED80 but not sure that I will be able to come to focus with such a long train with the 190MN. Eg say arbitrarily the image train is 100mm from the focuser and the 190MN comes to focus 80mm from focuser then with best will in the world I will never be able focus as the ccd will always be beyond the focus point? Is that any clearer?

Thanks

Ian

Could I just verify that that flat sheet is representative of, in this case, lack of field curvature, a desirable condition of course.? How does the CCD Inspector evaluate this result.

In other words, what is it measuring in order to arrive at a graphical representation.?

Ta. :D

Ron.

Its measuring the FWHM of the stars across the entire image, and displaying the changes in that across the image as a 2D surface map (for the top image), and a 3D map (for the lower smaller image)

I regularly use this to collimate my Hyperstar, as it also shows "lopsidedness" in the star sizes, but also shows just how well its coping with keeping the image flat across the chip. It also displays where it thinks the centre of the collimation point is, using the 2D/3D map it has generated, so you can adjust the collimation accoringly with the CCD in place.

Archived