SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Horsehead nebula in Narrowband

swag72

Don't know how I missed this thread before!   That is absolutely wonderful Sara.  That's my target for when we get the weather.  But I don't think I'm likely to get anywhere near the beauty of your image!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Gina said:

Don't know how I missed this thread before!   That is absolutely wonderful Sara.  That's my target for when we get the weather.  But I don't think I'm likely to get anywhere near the beauty of your image!

Thanks Gina - Regarding the colour palette, I just didn't take the green out like normal using the Bob Franke method. 

• Like 1

But you can use images instead apparently.  I seem to remember removing stars in PI that would have used layers in Photoshop.  The machine that had PS on died and I lost it.  GIMP does layers though.

16 hours ago, Gina said:

But you can use images instead apparently.  I seem to remember removing stars in PI that would have used layers in Photoshop.  The machine that had PS on died and I lost it.  GIMP does layers though.

I don't have a long enough life to try to even begin to use PI 🤣

• Haha 3

Haha, glad it's not just me that can't get their head around PI. My desk has a big dent in it from banging my head in despair LOL.

ATM, I'm reasonably happy with AstroArt 7 and Gimp 2.10.14, just trying to raise my standards. If I can come anywhere near the standard of Sara's NB Horsehead, I'll be delighted.

• Like 2

I did have PI working for me a couple of years ago it seems from my posts but feels like I'm starting again!  I used some excellent tutorials then - must find them again.  I do have the book though.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gina said:

I did have PI working for me a couple of years ago it seems from my posts but feels like I'm starting again!  I used some excellent tutorials then - must find them again.  I do have the book though.

Good luck!!! LOL!!!

Thank you - I may need it!!  One benefit of PI is that all the image processing can be done in one package.  As I recall, PS only did the post-processing whist other software was needed for stacking and aligning etc.

• Like 1