Jump to content

sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_3.thumb.jpg.30e9b298c34c80517e8b443ce153fce3.jpg

Horsehead nebula in Narrowband


Recommended Posts

Don't know how I missed this thread before!   That is absolutely wonderful Sara.  That's my target for when we get the weather.  But I don't think I'm likely to get anywhere near the beauty of your image!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have had this on the PC since January and have refrained from posting it as I really can't decide how I feel. It started off as a more usual colour palette for me, but it always seemed very flat. I

I don't have a long enough life to try to even begin to use PI 🤣

I most certainly don't and can't work it for a moment!!!! There's not much in PI that I do like to be honest.

Posted Images

What colour pallet did you use on that?

EDIT -  Oops you said - SHO. Just reread the thread...

Edited by Gina
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Gina said:

Don't know how I missed this thread before!   That is absolutely wonderful Sara.  That's my target for when we get the weather.  But I don't think I'm likely to get anywhere near the beauty of your image!

Thanks Gina - Regarding the colour palette, I just didn't take the green out like normal using the Bob Franke method. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I see no reason to cut the green out.  It's false colour after all.  Why chuck data away?!

I like Pixel Math in PI.

Edited by Gina
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

But you can use images instead apparently.  I seem to remember removing stars in PI that would have used layers in Photoshop.  The machine that had PS on died and I lost it.  GIMP does layers though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Gina said:

But you can use images instead apparently.  I seem to remember removing stars in PI that would have used layers in Photoshop.  The machine that had PS on died and I lost it.  GIMP does layers though.

I don't have a long enough life to try to even begin to use PI 🤣

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Haha, glad it's not just me that can't get their head around PI. My desk has a big dent in it from banging my head in despair LOL.

ATM, I'm reasonably happy with AstroArt 7 and Gimp 2.10.14, just trying to raise my standards. If I can come anywhere near the standard of Sara's NB Horsehead, I'll be delighted.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I did have PI working for me a couple of years ago it seems from my posts but feels like I'm starting again!  I used some excellent tutorials then - must find them again.  I do have the book though.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Gina said:

I did have PI working for me a couple of years ago it seems from my posts but feels like I'm starting again!  I used some excellent tutorials then - must find them again.  I do have the book though.

Good luck!!! LOL!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you - I may need it!!  One benefit of PI is that all the image processing can be done in one package.  As I recall, PS only did the post-processing whist other software was needed for stacking and aligning etc.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.