Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep29_banner.thumb.jpg.da7f3b163f7bd35187cb558b0346baf6.jpg

Dazzyt66

Still a dabbler

I guess a year or so ago I bought one of these from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Andoer-Webcam-Camera-Desktop-Computer/dp/B00CDJKNNK

Today (finally) I decided to try it with my ST80 and Sharpcap. Wow! The images I got back from it after removing the lens and adding an old ep barrel were good (on a terrestrial test) with really clear images. Just need a cloud free night now to try it out!

This camera comes apart by undoing 4 screws and with a slight mod to the silver trim and some glue it was a real easy job. If it returns some good planetary pics I’ll be well impressed for £2.99!!

B4877B67-41F8-40A4-A1A7-D5CC119D25CB.jpeg

• Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Astrid
      After a few months of getting used to my new 8 inch beast, I decided to start astrophotography (luckily today is Black Friday in most tech shops in my country). So I decided to drop the idea of buying a DSLR and started thinking about getting a webcam. The thing is that I want to try deepsky AP, so i was wondering, is there a webcam that could get me good results for DSO AP? Don't worry, I don't want anything too fancy because I'll be happy with entry-level images. (i saw some nice Andromeda pictures with 20GBP cameras on this forum so I'm confident that it would work).
      My budget is ±100 GBP, which in my opinion is more than enough for a good webcam . So... is it worth getting a webcam? Or is there something better? Should I wait and raise more money for a DSLR?

Thanks a lot!
      Astrid 

• By Abhinav
      should I modify a logitech Webcam for planetary imaging or get that svbony 105 planetary camera. I don't know the image quality svbony camera . If the Svbony camera is better than a modified Webcam please tell me
    • By Abhinav
      which webcam is best for planetary imaging under 25 USD . If you have experience of any webcam for planetary work please help me out 

• By Jayjaymasterman
      Hi I have set up a webcam for my telescope.

The problem I have is on my laptop the view is a small circle due to the tunneling effect.

It' that small it' hard to see on my laptop.

Is there a way to fix this or is it a case of cropping/zooming once I've taken a image.

As you can se from my pic I've just aimed at a light in the house and this is how big my pic is on screen 

• By Adaaam75
      Members,
      Trying to get my head around imaging with a DSLR and read that a WEBCAM is actually better for planetary targets due to file size and weight therefore, can I hypothetically use a DSLR afocally but on the record video setting and still separate the frames afterwards, edit and stack? Or would they be too large?
      9.25 AVX with Canon 550d Rebel2.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.