Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Leo Triplets

spillage

Here is my attempt at this target. I only decided to have a go on this as I was waiting for another target to come up. Turned out that by the time it had come around so had the cloud. So I decided to process this to the best of my ability. Seems a bit red and grainy though.

20ish x L

10 x R

10 x B

10 x G

180 @ -20 

SW quattro 8 and processed in startools.

Leo Triplets.tiff

Leo Triplets.jpg

First impressions: noisy. But that's to be expected considering the limited amount of data. No hint of any tidal tail, of course.

Does the tif contain the L-data, or just RGB?

Thanks for all your input.

It does look very clipped. For some reason I keep doing this so I will go back and give it another go. I think looking back I tried to stretch it too far and then used too much gamma compensation to control the noise.

The tiff does contain all data that I got. I was not really expecting anything from this and it was really just to see how the kit and guiding was running.

Mark.

The kit is running fine. Star shapes look ok and the background is very eve. Just too little data to push it far.

Normally I combine the RGB data into one colour image, and process the L seperately. The RGB is processed to get good colour, and the L to get good detail and low noise. After stretching I combine into an LRGB image.

I downloaded your image (tif), and stretched it in PixInsight (reduced to mono). There's more to pull out of this image near M66.

But also a lot of noise with the limited data. And just a hint of the tidal tail.

The lighter patch near the top reminds of ifn, but is probably just an artefact.

spillage_LeoTriplet.thumb.jpg.3a73b704763a08e438ae8071d287adbd.jpg

Archived