SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

First RGB Image

Stub Mandrel

This is my first RGB image with my Touptek Mono. The seeing was absolutely appalling so this image actually shows vastly more detail than I expected! I need to learn a lot about RGB colour processing (such as how to keep track of which video is which colour).

This has been 'resharpened' after combining the layers:

5adedb3f00d26_Combinedcopy.png.4b9fc936b3c3dee7da6ae60830fa3cce.png

Thanks for the positive comments, I used my 150PL with an x3 Barlow.

I only refocused once - to be honest the seeing was so bad I could barely see detail on the disc, so I used a bahtinov mask and a 2 second exposure on Io - and it was align the blobs!

This is what AS!3 thinks was the best frame from one of my runs. Io looked more like a globular cluster than a dot! Last year I had nights when I could see much, much more detail than this in live view.

If I can get better video next time, I will use winjupos to derotate the images.

image.png.e26d66c97f76430f62e57ef5a8349278.png

better than my first go last week for this season, ended up deleted and in the bin.

Bob.

Archived