Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC4565 L

Ibbo!

Nice one Steve. Good to hear that you have sorted your Flats out.

Is it me or are there more and more satellites up there?! I see several trails in this image and with my current project, the Leo Triplet, I have chucked loads of subs because of darn sat trails... They ought to stack out, but I’m struggling to get rid of them completely, so end up not using those subs - what a waste!

Just now, Barry-Wilson said:

Great to see another WO 321FLT being used, and with a 690.  Well done Steve.

Thanks Barry I have issues with it from day one.

The original focuser was  useless, now replaced with a Moolite which I need to turn an adaptor so I can use the flattener at some time.

It also had/has an issue with pinched optics and required a rather heavy hand to release the cell (think hammer and chisel)

I removed all 3 elements from the cell and had a small mishap with one of the elements while getting it back into the cell, it was so tight.

I am thinking of retubing it as the short tube, so you can use binoviewers and a diagonal, means a lot of extensions.

One day I will post an image of the business end of the 132, its enough to make a man cry.

48 minutes ago, Ibbo! said:

Thanks Barry I have issues with it from day one.

The original focuser was  useless, now replaced with a Moolite which I need to turn an adaptor so I can use the flattener at some time.

It also had/has an issue with pinched optics and required a rather heavy hand to release the cell (think hammer and chisel)

I removed all 3 elements from the cell and had a small mishap with one of the elements while getting it back into the cell, it was so tight.

I am thinking of retubing it as the short tube, so you can use binoviewers and a diagonal, means a lot of extensions.

One day I will post an image of the business end of the 132, its enough to make a man cry.

Ooohh . . . sounds dreadful.

Archived