Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M51 LHaRGB

The_Sarge

Yes, very impressive detail indeed!

It's lacking in colour, though. You should try pushing the colour layer harder - I would think that it's either too faint in comparison to the L, or it needs a saturation boost?

49 minutes ago, Shibby said:

Yes, very impressive detail indeed!

It's lacking in colour, though. You should try pushing the colour layer harder - I would think that it's either too faint in comparison to the L, or it needs a saturation boost?

Thanks Shibby,

After adding the Ha to the RGB the image got a significant blue colour to it. It seemed to feel a little unnatural to me so I toned the blue saturation down a little.

I've undone that and also done a bit of star reduction.

M51_LHaRGB_V2.thumb.png.50ec19268d64856004477773f9086c16.png

6 minutes ago, cfpendock said:

That is good.  I am very tempted to get a reducer for my C11 but the price seems very high.  None on the second hand market that I've seen.  But this M51 certainly shows it's potential.

Chris

Thanks Chris.

The reducer is invaluable. Imaging at nearly 2m focal length on the C11 is a pain (Never mind at the native FL). Even with the observatory anything more than a slight breeze ruins subs.

So apart from the increased FOV the increase in speed is an advantage. Also helps with the image scale for me. Even Bin2 its c. 1.2"/pix

Sarge

Archived