Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

New dslr advise

Hiya, im thinking of getting a new dslr but there are just so many to choose from im a little lost. Im currently using an olympus e420 but im really not happy with the quality of the images im getting even on low iso. If anyone has some advise on this and maybe some images you captured with your dslr that would be great. 

Thank you 

10 hours ago, michael8554 said:

Budget?

I'm only familiar with Canons, your equipment list suggests you guide and have a computer.

In that case any camera with LiveView (450D upwards), but a swivel lcd screen may be useful for initial focusing (600D upwards).

Michael 

Hiya thanks for the reply. About £300 on my budget my olympus has live view and i find it very usefull for focusing. I'll be checking those two out you suggested thank you. 

There's 2 Astro modded canon 450d's on astrobuysell at the moment. One for £100 and one for £120 which are good prices. You can get a canon 600d (my recommendation) for around £200 and send it off to be Astro modded for about £75 by Juan at cheapastrophotography who comes highly recommended 

11 hours ago, geordie85 said:

There's 2 Astro modded canon 450d's on astrobuysell at the moment. One for £100 and one for £120 which are good prices. You can get a canon 600d (my recommendation) for around £200 and send it off to be Astro modded for about £75 by Juan at cheapastrophotography who comes highly recommended 

Would a cannon 700d be a good investment ? iv just found one for £270

16 hours ago, geordie85 said:

I'd personally still go for the 600d. Cheaper, slightly higher QE and lower read noise.

Yes i think the 600d is the way to go i found one on camera jungle for £241 mint condition just the body that is but i'll only be using it for astro anyway so im not really fussed about a lense.

Archived