Narrowband

Hello from Mexico

klr650Teach

Hello Everyone, 

I'm a retired Canadian living full time in Mexico and I'm brand new to the hobby, no previous experience with it at all other than looking at the stars from binoculars when camping when I was younger. I just got my first telescope, it's a Meade Lightbridge Mini with a 130mm objective and a 9, 26, and 40mm eyepieces accompanied by a 2x Barlow. I'm still in shock with the light gathering capability of this neutonian. The brightness and clarity of the moon's craters are sharp and clear...........for just a couple hundred dollars for the basic package. 

I'm not buying anything else until I determine a good setup for astrophotography and know what I need so I can buy correctly the first time around and get into that aspect of the hobby with a decent set up that will hold me for a few years or lifetimes - grin.

Cheers

hi, welcome.

yeah, those 130mm scopes are great. A real good scope to start off with and get to know the sky, I just got a small refractor. I love the way you can pick those scopes up in one hand and get going straight away.

Enjoy

Hi and welcome to SGL.

You have the right approach to new purchases. This is a hobby (particularly the photography bit) that can absorb vast amounts of money and I have  found the best policy to avoid making a purchase unless I know what I expect to be able to achieve with it that I can't achieve without it. It is amazing how many purchases become unnecessary with that policy!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived