Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The Iris Nebula (NGC 7023)

Kaliska

Ok, so this is going to be my target over the next few weeks as i try out my new setup and get my head around SG Pro (which i might add so far looks simply brilliant) and the fact that it's well positioned for my East facing small garden.

So my question is, would this target benefit much using narrow band filters? And if so, would it be a combination of all Ha, O-III and S-II or some more than others? I'm using a ASI1600MM Cool btw.

2 hours ago, geordie85 said:

As far as I'm aware it will be a fruitless endeavour as the iris is a reflection nebula. I'd just go for plenty of data as there's a lot of dusty stuff surrounding it.

Agreed. This is not a narrowband target. Very deep and high quality images find a few tantalizing pinks lurking around the blue reflection nebulosity and these might respond to Ha but at a 'guilding the lilly' level. Go for lots of colour and even bigger lots of luminance! The outlying dust is faint, faint, faint.

Olly

Archived