Narrowband

M16 from Astro campsite

carastro

As stated in my other posts, I managed to get to a dark location during these recent clear nights, together with some astro chums.

Ha 6 x 600secs
Oiii 3 x 300 secs binned x 2
Sii 3 x 300 secs binned x 2

SW 130PDS, Atik460EX and HEQ5

AOt41nNsT_-u_1824x0_2wOq5-6h.jpg

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, I struggle with red and green. It's hard to explain colour vision deficit - its not that I cant see red and green, but if it's in a dark or light shade I cant make it out. Similar if it's a small object, like berries in a tree - I cant see them from a distance where most people can, but then if I get closer the colour suddenly appears. 

In your image I should be able to see the OIII well enough - I just thought maybe this could be a bit stronger. But maybe its just that I'm not used to seeing this quite so widefield. 

9 hours ago, Ruud said:

Hi Carole, I like all versions and tried some variations myself, and then I went berserk and did this:

imageproxy.png.25d73d315a17bbf2329272462507b362.png

A great image (the originals)!

That must be the shot from the beach on La Palma - love it 

I did the reflection with Flood 2, by Flaming Pear. It does all sorts of water surfaces: http://www.flamingpear.com/flood-2.html

Your eagle looked pretty wild already, and together with bright tacky colours I gave it a highly reflective choppy surface to rise above.

A different example is this placid lake under the Moon. I photographed the Moon in mid-sky. The added fog completes the illusion.

1017804.thumb.png.89c1f2891d2f47a285b595a55d0bddf3.png

I like this filter. These Cosmos are in a pot on a table. This took a lot of work because the filter draws a straight horizon and reflects everything above it. So I applied the filter three times at different heights and combined the results into this, adding a lot of fog to hide the abrupt highest 'horizon'.

1017365.thumb.png.18da453893ccf508ec8990d2d000d52a.png

• 1 month later...

Well being bored with not doing any imaging since 18th April, I took another look at the final version of this and decided a CROP and less gawdy colour would be better.

Hope you like:

_D-BeWGIwZij_1824x0_2wOq5-6h.jpg

Absolutely nailed it Carole - excellent reprocessing in this latest version!

The browny/reds seem much more under control and blend really well with the rest of the palette. 

David

Archived