SGP stuff

Davey-T

Just trying to migrate from Maxim to SGP and a couple of things arose.

In Maxim sequencer I can fill in 8 filters and tick which ones I'm going to use, SGP only appears to have choice of 5 ?

I use several different scopes which I record in the observatory settings window and Maxim writes this into the Fits file header, can I do this in SGP ?

Dave

48 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

Just trying to migrate from Maxim to SGP and a couple of things arose.

In Maxim sequencer I can fill in 8 filters and tick which ones I'm going to use, SGP only appears to have choice of 5 ?

I use several different scopes which I record in the observatory settings window and Maxim writes this into the Fits file header, can I do this in SGP ?

Dave

If you click on the Tools menu, then select options and open the sequence options tab you can change the default value, Dave.  if you prefer 8 then just put 8 here and every new target will open with 8 events rather than the default 5.

Sorry Dave I just re-read that and you're referring to filters and not events.  The number of filters gets picked up from the filter wheel loaded in the equipment profile.  Depending how many you have in there you can just select those filters in your sequence events, up to as many as you have set for that wheel.

You can have as many scopes as you like, you just make up a new profile for each.  When using that profile SGP will pull that information in to the fits header (although not the actual type of scope as this information isn't submitted anywhere, just the FL etc.).

Archived