Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_planets_winners.thumb.jpg.1ab3e59adfbb5bcbf9b3c4c48a434a6a.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
ollypenrice

Whale Galaxy, two scopes.

Posted (edited)

This is a composite in which we added some old but unfinished data from Yves' 14 inch (which resided here at the time) to a new data set obtained last night in the TEC140. I guess the seeing must have been poor for the 14 inch because its data was deeper but less well resolved than last night's from the TEC.  Again taken with Richard Miller. I'll see if anyone would like to add the Hockeystick galaxy next month.

5adb18765583e_WHALEHaLRGB2SCOPEweb.thumb.jpg.ef7bcbb3e16e0f7ef9d38f32fa861f84.jpg

Olly

Edited by ollypenrice
  • Like 17

Silly good!

/Jesper

• Thanks 1

.... so it does exist then......??.....

image.png.b5353fc82a2efb75069c0361d6311794.png

• Haha 1

I was wondering how you were coping without me!  Remarkably well it seems.  Another cracking image Olly. What a successful week it has been.

1 hour ago, Petergoodhew said:

I was wondering how you were coping without me!  Remarkably well it seems.  Another cracking image Olly. What a successful week it has been.

Thanks for coming, Peter. Yes, six clear nights on the trot have left me ready for a week long siesta...

Olly

Posted (edited)

Stunning detail Olly . . . need to get my own small sony ccd for my WO132FLT.  The results you, Steve M and Sara are achieving it seems a 'no brainer'.

Edited by Barry-Wilson

I've never seen the Whale galaxy's flipper before. Beautiful detail and colour on a really tricky target. You set a high bar.

Barry

1 hour ago, Barry-Wilson said:

Stunning detail Olly . . . need to get my own small sony ccd for my WO132FLT.  The results you, Steve M and Sara are achieveing it seems a 'no brainer'.

It's quite exciting, I think, at the moment. Folks are reacting against the hassles of the reflector and trying to squeeze the last ounce out of their refractors. This certainly gives me a huge buzz. I'm not daft enough to imagine that in a duel to the death the reflector won't win. The 'real world' question is, How will I have the most most fun and the greatest productivity imaging the targets considered high-ish resolution in the amateur community?  

I'm going to refract!

:Dlly

20 minutes ago, ollypenrice said:

It's quite exciting, I think, at the moment. Folks are reacting against the hassles of the reflector and trying to squeeze the last ounce out of their refractors. This certainly gives me a huge buzz. I'm not daft enough to imagine that in a duel to the death the reflector won't win. The 'real world' question is, How will I have the most most fun and the greatest productivity imaging the targets considered high-ish resolution in the amateur community?  

I'm going to refract!

Well, it convinced myself and Tomatobro to buy an Esprit 150 instead of a 12” RC.

Alas, what we are missing are the 6 clear nights on the trot, but it can be made ready to go at a moment’s (make that 45 mins) notice....

E3DCD0CC-DFF1-42AD-B9F6-9970404E3ABC.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tomato said:

Well, it convinced myself and Tomatobro to buy an Esprit 150 instead of a 12” RC.

Alas, what we are missing are the 6 clear nights on the trot, but it can be made ready to go at a moment’s (make that 45 mins) notice....

E3DCD0CC-DFF1-42AD-B9F6-9970404E3ABC.png

Yesssss....

Lovely galaxy rendition Olly - I love the colours and the processing is top notch..... as I'd expect :)

• Thanks 1