SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Moon for pudding

johnfosteruk

We enjoyed dinner in the garden with the girls in the late afternoon sunshine this evening and I whipped out the Mak for post luncheon lunar delights. 

Proclus in daylight is a treat as is the whole Crisium region and Palus Somni. Atlas and Hercules loom large and down in the south Vlacq and Pitiscus to name a few. Plenty of wrinkles visible in the Maria as well. All at 160x and pretty steady.

Then down to 80x to take in the whole picture in its majesty and as suggested by @Stu to poke the iPhone X down the scope for a snap using ProCam 5. Not bad and surprising I got anything without a proper adapter with all the glare.

1248751B-8631-4580-933A-AEEAD1372C6F.thumb.jpeg.af425bb78716798ceb746f8685b26dd0.jpeg 

The scope is of course staying put for a proper session later.

10 hours ago, johnfosteruk said:

Just looked at it on the computer!!! Looked better on the phone! :(

That’s always the challenge John. I rarely look at mine on a PC though so have no idea what I am inflicting on the poor SGL members ;) 

Archived