Jump to content

sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_annual.thumb.jpg.3fc34f695a81b16210333189a3162ac7.jpg

Recommended Posts

Having started capturing data for this in Feb, I was beginning to think I'd never finish it with the awful weather of the last 2 months. However, this week has finally yielded some clear nights so I've managed to cobble enough together for an image, and in time for the end date of this challenge.

Optics: MN190
Camera: 460ex
Guiding: Orion mini guidescope + QHY5L-ii

L: 21x600s
RGB: 3x7x600s
Ha: 10x500s

M101-HaLRGB-oriented.thumb.jpg.5b20636ba473363821bfc482afbeb153.jpg

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

    • By alexbb
      I'm behind lately with posting images. Now it's Pinwheel's galaxy turn.
      Shot until April this year, it took me a few trips to dark/dark-ish sites to gather all the data. It's hard to believe even now how cold it was at the end of April. At the end of the last session, when I was packing, it was -5C. Now the temperature doesn't drop below 20C anymore during the night and during afternoon we have consecutive days with 38C+.
      I used, as almost always, a combination of LRGB data shot through multiple telescopes, for a total of almost 13h. The 150mm newtonian was moody, not sure why I always had something that looked like astigmatism, but only in one corner. I hope it was the CC, and I'm eager to see if the GPU CC is better than the Baader MPCC.
      An astrobin image is available too here: https://www.astrobin.com/23m3rv/
      Clear skies and thanks for watching !

       
    • By PadrePeace
      Though M101 is a relatively large target it is quite dim and this required a significant effort to get detail into its core. I took 31hrs of 30sec exposures which I then thinned down to the best 18hrs of data. Processed in APP and PS it was tricky keeping the core detail that I had imaged from blowing out.
      Lots of advice and lots of very small curves stretches was the key in the end. Hardly sharpened it much with noise reduction undertaken as and when noise just stared to appear during stretching.
      As the sensor is biased towards red, colour balancing with green and more so with blue was also necessary.  
      Taken at Gain 200 with a UV IR cut ASI224MC uncooled camera, APM107/700 scope on an AZEQ6. 
      It’s a good little sensor if you have the conditions (cold nights) and use Flats, Flat Darks and take Darks every night as the sensor temperature varies being uncooled. For info, I found it ran at about 6 degs above ambient once it was steadily running subs off. 

      Hope you like it. 
       
       

    • By lalou
      I tried imaging M101 here in our Bortle 5 neighborhood and it was sort of tough due to the light pollution but I think I was able to pull off a bit of data. My problem now is that I was able to increase the visibility of the galaxy through stretching but in the process the background noise also increased. I also noticed that my galaxy and stars are a bit orange/reddish compared to the other M101 shots which are kinda bluish in color. Not sure if this is being caused by my astromodded camera but I tried correcting it via Photoshop and this is the best "white balanced" image that I got.
      Looking for some help in this group maybe someone can have a go with my raw file and share some techniques on how to improve my post processing. The stacking was done via DSS and the processing via Photoshop. I also used Gradient Xterminator and also Astrotools.
      Here's my edit and I also attached the raw file so maybe you guys can try tinkering with it also. Also open for any suggestions or comments with my initial edit. Thanks! 😁
      Light Frames: 189 x 1 min shots @ ISO1600 (yes I still don't have autoguiding) Dark Frames: 198 x 1 min shots Mount: Celestron OmniXLT CG-4 Telescope: Celestron C6N Camera: Canon EOS Rebel XT Hap-Griffin Mod Autosave.tif
      Autosave.tif
    • By Amajed
      Hi, this is my first time using my new Esprit 100ED, my first time processing using Pixinsight, and it's my first image using a Mono + filters.
       
      I loved them, can't wait to try on more targets.
       
      here's the result:

       
       
      Equipments:
      SkyWatcher Esprit 100ED
      SkyWatcher EQ6-R
      SkyWatcher EvoGuide 50ED Guidescope
      Imaging cam ZWO ASI1600MM Cool Pro
      ZWO EFW
      ZWO LRGB+NB 36mm filters
      Guiding cam ZWO ASI290MM Mini
       
      Seeing was avarage
      Location was in a Green Zone
       
      Exposures:
      Ha 11x1800sec
      L 39x300sec
      R 13x300sec
      G 15x300sec
      B 15x300sec
      Darks:
      24x300sec
      10x1800sec
      Bias:
      70
       
       
      Thanks
    • By DMouse
      Hi, here is last nights shot at M101. This is a luminance run only and was to test to see if the central Halo was still there, and it is, grrrr. I have a sneaky suspicion it is coming from the edge of the secondary mirror. I have pretty much painted everything else matt black, so far. Anyway, Here is the Luminance run.
      Subs: 10x 300sec, 5x 420sec
      Processed in Pixinsight. BIAS, DARKS and FLATS applied.
      Cheers
      Paul

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.