Narrowband

Old acquaintances 19-04-18

Eastman

Hello All,

I am in between main telescopes now but I am glad that I still have my 130P.

While waiting for yhe skies to get dark I read Stu's topic about the diamonds on the moon, so I checked them out and it was a great view.

I then decided to look up some old acquaintances, but most are first timers with the 130P.

First up M51, Two cores clearly visible and a little bit of outer structure on the big spiral. I really like this one. 43X

M94, a lighter core visible. 43X 

M101, this one was a struggle. But I ran into Asellus Tertius a nice double. M101 remains a faint fuzzy one. 43X max

M3, again difficult to resolve 81X ( I hope thats correct English ) the conditions were pretty good tonight.

M13, great first time this year 81X easy to resolve.

M29, this is also a nice globular. Always seem to forget this one with it's famous neighbor M13

NGC 6229 (new) While I am in the neighborhood there is another globular in Herucles. Really small globular no more than a faint fuzzy 43X max

Leo triplet only M66 and M65 only to see those two.

M53 also a small globular with a nice lighter core.

And the last one also in Coma Berenices the Black eye galaxy M64, only saw that one with a bino before. Slighty lighter core to be seen. best with 43X.

I had a great night with the small grab and go, but tomorrow my new 10"dob will arrive. I'll hope the conditions stay like tonight.

Thanks for reading, Gert.

Archived