Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

A perfectly good observatory... in bits!!!

swag72

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally I have seen it in the flesh!!! What a great job the metal man made of the roof!!!

There's some stud and bracket affair at both ends so that the roof is secure in the wind and for safety. The string is a temporary measure in the the first pic as the roof, when it's open extends further than my reach! It just needs the end parts on the open picture but they are on order..... meanwhile we are holding the metal mans ladder hostage until it's fully finished!!!! There's been torrential rain and it's all remained dry... fantastic :)

end_3.JPG

end_4.JPG

end_5.JPG

2 minutes ago, Dr_Ju_ju said:

Superb, and now for your 6 months of cloud cover   ?....

As you can see in the third picture and also this one...... I am covered in clouds, rain and storms.....  :(

extension.jpg

Looks great. Yes indeedy!

Please don't blame Sara for the weather because it's the same story here and it is stopping me from even starting my next (and maybe final!!!) observatory project. Cor blimey, what a spring we're having in Europe.

Olly

22 hours ago, Shibby said:

Congratulations Sara! SwagAstro Observatory looks fantastic, I bet you're dying to get started.

I see you've taken up radio astronomy, too ;)

Thanks!! I really am looking forward to getting it all filled up..... hopefully will start after the weekend ?

Radio astronomy..... I did look at it, made no sense ??

Looking really great Sara, your diagram with the red arrows made all come clear, could do with a BEFORE AND AFTER COMPARISON photo.

Bet you can't wait to get it all up and running.

Carole 

Congrat's Sara, it must be nice to relax now and just admire it.

Could you provide some info on the roof covering, it looks like Celotex with some sort of sheeting over it, a few folk discussing their projects ATM and roof construction.

Dave

Thanks Gina, Carole and Dave...... not sure I've got many before photos Carole..... I'll see what I've got .

@Davey-T I only know the roofing material as 'sandwich' metal on the outside and some form of insulation in the middle. It's sold in these parts as sandwich too, so I don't have a proper name I'm afraid.

Only just read through the whole thread Sara. What a great project and a really good finished result. Looks fabulous and I’m sure it will work for you just as well. Enjoy! :) 

Thanks Dave and Stu :) Just started to make tentative moves to fill it back up. Started with the PC's and setting static IP addresses.... one desktop wouldn't even fire up. Worked perfectly well in April when it was taken down :( 

31 minutes ago, swag72 said:

Thanks Dave and Stu :) Just started to make tentative moves to fill it back up. Started with the PC's and setting static IP addresses.... one desktop wouldn't even fire up. Worked perfectly well in April when it was taken down :( 

Precisely why I do visual Sara, couldn’t be doing with all that. Hope you get it sorted quickly, sure it is just feeling unloved ;) 

On 03/06/2018 at 21:05, swag72 said:

Started with the PC's and setting static IP addresses.... one desktop wouldn't even fire up. Worked perfectly well in April when it was taken down :(

Remove and reseat the ram. Thats quite a common fault.

Mark.

7 minutes ago, swag72 said:

but seriously?

Tell me about it, I see it all the time. It might just have not been clipped down correctly or a bit of dust got moved as it can take the slightest knock to cause this, as I have dropped my pc's before and not had any problems. I guess its just one of those "ain't technology marvelous" moments. 

Mark.

Archived