Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_through_the-_eyepiece.thumb.jpg.cb85f690376dcb3053c747827de6bf9e.jpg

Jessun

Full 1.25" Filter set Baader/Astrodon **SOLD**

Hi SGL members!

As I'm moving to 2" filters I wish to sell my 1.25" mounted filter setup.

This setup consist of a kit of Baader LRGB as seen here for example:

https://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/product_info.php/language/en/info/p563_Baader-LRGB-CCD-Filtersatz-1-25----Interferenzfilter---4-Filter.html  @268 Euros

plus the piece de resistance, the Astrodon 3nm ones; Ha, SII, OIII.

New they are 608 Euros a pop.... Example:

https://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p5153_Astrodon-1-25--Narrowband-Filter-H-Alpha-3nm-mounted.html

I will part with the LRGB set for £150 and the Astrodons for £450 each of £1200 for the lot of three. That is effectively most of the haggling done already.

These filters rendered me six AAPODs in one year alone, and that was with mediocre OTAs and substandard processing skills...

I can accept PayPal, UK or French, UK or European Bank transfer, I can ship from the UK or France, no problem as I tend to go back and fourth. Let's say £7.50 per filter shipping cost for insurance purposes. They will also be available for pickup in London shortly.

The filters have never been cleaned or wiped. They have lived in Atik Filter wheels as long as I had them.

Below: LRGB set to the left, Astrodons to the right.

/Jesper

PS There might be an ATIK EFW2 up for grabs too once these are gone ;-)

Filters.thumb.jpg.ff0278b6e4d236e7da92820f9edc3e0c.jpg

HI. interested in all three astrodon , how long have you owned them? I live in 16410 vouzan normal la poste is ok. Henry b.

Posted (edited)

EDIT:  I need 31mm OIII, sorry for not reading that yours is a 1.25"

Edited by kirkster501

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Stonius said:

Edited by geordie85
Misread the post

19 minutes ago, Stonius said:

I must be confused - isn't that above retail for the astrodon 3nm?

... if you can get an OIII 3nm.  No one has them in stock.

1 hour ago, Stonius said:

I must be confused - isn't that above retail for the astrodon 3nm?

Yes. 

Posted (edited)

I just looked at the prices as linked above. Was not aware they could be had cheaper. 

Ha purchase date: 05.08.2013
OIII and SII: 17.09.2013
LRGB: 28.08.2013

Cheers!

Edited by Jessun
addded date of purchase

HI, yes still interested. Please send PM so I can advise my address and comfirm total amount. henry b

LRGB sold. 

NB still available. 

On 25/04/2018 at 16:01, Jessun said:

LRGB sold. 

NB still available. 

At what price as your asking nearly £100 per filter more than the new price?

Just curious here, where can these be bought at that price. I shopped from the vendor in the link. Perhaps that was a mistake.... 

/Jesper 

Astrodon 1.25 3nm a smidge under £500.00 O111 unavailable.

Dave

2 hours ago, Davey-T said:

Plus duty ?

Dave

It won't be much as duty is worked out on weight 

14 minutes ago, geordie85 said:

I've just looked that up..its based on the value of the item purchased..

The Customs Duty Rate is a percentage. This percentage is determined by the total purchased value of the article(s) paid at a foreign country and not based on factors such as quality, size, or weight. 

17 minutes ago, geordie85 said:

Wouldn't count on it this is my weather station weight  84 grams.

Dave

Customs.thumb.png.98dbbf51eafe7d92b2dcfcd346635aa6.png

All gone.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By urbko
      Hi, i have a problem with my atik camera, not sure if its just me or the camera but  every time i try to combine diferent chanels i get realy washed out pic, almost no color in them, all chanels look almost the same, i checked the efw but it works fine, so i have no idea what i'm doing wrong. please help :)
      ps. sory for my broken english.
      pps. here is link for M51 files that i shot with camera, if some one wants to check if they get the same result.
      https://drive.google.com/open?id=1X1EcBT5WLIe2uSsWM5zYsTNATk80ZgyP
      Urban
    • By RolandKol
      Recently I decided to open up my wallet widely and go Narrowband...
      And before my set up comes, I decided to check how to process NB images.
      Plus,
      The last half a year was mostly cloudy so I started playing around with Hubble TelescopeRaw Images
      If someone will decide to kill some cloudy evenings in the same manner, 
      Hubble Telescope raw images are freely available on Hubble Legacy Archive https://hla.stsci.edu
      And please also share your results on this forum.
      My first pancake below - "Pilar of Creation" (part of it)   combined in Pixinsight.
      (M16-P1 - [Used Images: hst_10393_13_acs_wfc_f658n_sci  &  f502n_sci])
      P.S. Raw  Hubble Images are sooooo ugly... I was very, VERY pessimistic about my experiment initially

• By Xiga
      Hey guys
      I shot my 1st full Bi-Colour NB image back in October/November of 2017. It was the Elephant Trunk Nebula, and at the time i remember having a hard time processing it to my own satisfaction. 
      Fast-forward 5 months and, well the weather is bloomin awful, lol, and the nights are now short, so i thought i would re-visit this in the hope i could do better now that i have a bit more PP experience under the belt. 
      The main differences this time (apart from rotating the image to frame it differently) are, RGB combination was done in APP rather than PS. The OIII signal was also given an x2 multiplier to help boost it (this meant i didn't have to give it a big manual stretch in PS). No HLVG has been done at all this time, as i now prefer to leave the Green in, as i think it adds more depth to an image, as long as it's not excessive. This has made a big difference i feel, as from memory i think i really went to town on removing the Green in the original version, and subsequently everything came out brown as a result. I also went with a smaller stretch overall compared to last time, although i did up the Vibrance quite a bit in the new version (i couldn't help myself). Overall though, compared to the original the new version has had a LOT less processing done to it. Whether that shows (or even helps) i'm not completely sure. 
      Still not 100% sure it's the best version of itself it can be, but overall i am much happier with the result. I actually didn't do any sharpening at all in this one, so i could possibly do something there. 
      C&C most welcome please. Have i gone overboard on anything? I had a hard time getting the overall brightness to a level i was happy with. When i thought i had it right, i looked at it the next day at work and on my phone and it looked way too dark, so i ended up cranking it up several notches as a result. 
      7 x 600s and 14 x 900s of Ha
      17 x 900s of OIII
      (just shy of 9 hrs in total).
      50 Bias and 30 Flats
      Combined as SHO. The SII was synthesized from a blend of 30% Ha and 70% OIII. 
      Taken with the usual gear: Nikon D5300a and SW 80ED scope on a HEQ5 Pro mount. 
      Captured with SGPro, pre-processed with APP and post-processed with PS.
      Here's a link to the original thread:
      And the latest version:

• By Red Dwarfer
      With the 2 Baader filters , Continuum and Polarising , that brings the price of the Lunt Solar Wedge up to about £250 - is it worth it at this point of the Solar cycle ?
    • By coatesg
      This is the first "proper" image from my rebuilt 14" Newtonian - has been a long time coming, and more tweaking to follow, but pleased how it performed. I've made a light box which works well and used data from evenings of 13th/15th Feb to create this image (but this showed the R channel, I think, where the OAG impinges and throws an odd reflection and doesn't reduce nicely - need to sort.... :-/).
      This is M106 and NGC 4248 (and a load of other faint fuzzies including at least one z>1.0 QSO right at the far left edge of the frame, as well as lots of anonymous galaxies that don't feature in anything in Simbad/Vizier). North is roughly down in this image.
      L: 5h35m (56x5m + 21x3m)
      R: 1h45m (21 x 5m, 2x2 bin)
      G: 1h20m (16 x 5m, 2x2 bin)
      B: 1h20m (16 x 5m, 2x2 bin)
      ST2000XM (@-20C), 350mm double truss Newtonian @ f4.53 (1584mm FL), Losmandy Titan. Guiding via ASI120mm on OAG. 
      Reduction and Processing in Pixinsight. 
      The L channel behaved nicely; colour less so, and was a bit of a challenge to get it to behave, especially the background which I needed to be quite firm with to remove blotchiness. I think really the moral is: more data... a bit more colour (and lum!) data might allow a bit more from the outer reaches and a much smoother background, but clear skies are what they are... Haven't got any HA here to bring out the jets, but the brightest (above/south of the core) is just about visible.
      All comments/suggestions/improvements appreciated! Thanks for looking.

LRGB:

Lum channel (pushed a touch more than the above...) - EDIT: had a tweak of it:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.