Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Takahashi Eyepieces

1 hour ago, FLO said:

I have just noticed the FOV Simulator on our TOE and LE product description pages are displaying Takahashi Orthoscopic eyepieces, we will fix that soon. 

Need separate one for the Abbes too. Interesting to compare same/similar focal lengths in different models :)

35 minutes ago, 25585 said:

Need separate one for the Abbes too. 

The Abbes already have one (Takahashi's orthoscopics are 'Abbe' orthoscopics, they are faithful to the original the Abbe design). 

It is the TOE and LE pages that need updating. After my kids are in bed I'll enter the stats into our Astronomy Tools website, we can then create their FOVs in the simulator. 

Steve 

• Like 1

• 4 years later...
On 20/04/2018 at 14:19, FLO said:

The Takahashi 28mm MC Erfle is now available to buy at our website :smile:

Hi @FLO

A few years have passed and I can't see this EP on your website these days... but can you still get them?  
I'm thinking about a pair of them for binoviewing. 
There don't seem to be many options at 28mm with long eye relief. 🤔

1 hour ago, globular said:

Hi @FLO

A few years have passed and I can't see this EP on your website these days... but can you still get them?  

Unfortunately not. Takahashi discontinued this eyepiece. I think some others have, or will be, discontinued too.

My colleague Ian handles Takahashi at FLO. I'll ask him when we reopen tomorrow. 

Steve 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, markse68 said:

dream job :) 

Someone has to do it 😄

18 hours ago, FLO said:

I think some others have, or will be, discontinued too.

Takahashi Abbe Orthoscopic eyepieces have been discontinued.  Currently we have only 1x 4mm remaining. 

Takahashi LE eyepieces are also discontinued.  Currently we have small numbers of most focal lengths in stock. 

Takahashi say alternatives are planned but not for release in the the near future. 

HTH, 

Steve 

• Thanks 1