SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hello Everyone!

Pullock

Greetings fellow stargazers,  I acquired my first telescope (not counting the toy one I had when I was 8, I'm now 24) late last year. I decided on the Orion Skyscanner 100mm due to my budget at the time and unsure if I'd enjoy Astronomy, safe to say it wasn't long before I picked up a couple more eyepieces, 2x Barlow, Moon & planetary filters.

I've seen a dozen or so stars, Andromeda, Crab Nebula etc. Majority of my outside time has been spent looking at the moon, until last Saturday when I got my first look at Jupiter and the 4 largest moons. Safe to say I was blown away even if it was a white-ish blob surrounded by 4 dots. Hopefully things continue to improve and I can improve my equipment in the future.

Looking forward to speaking to you all and thanks for reading!

Welcome! and keep in mind that Jupiter may have looked like a blob due to atmospheric conditions, ive seen Jupiter as a blob in much larger scopes due to poor seeing, keep at it, you will see more detail one night.

2 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Welcome! and keep in mind that Jupiter may have looked like a blob due to atmospheric conditions, ive seen Jupiter as a blob in much larger scopes due to poor seeing, keep at it, you will see more detail one night.

Thank you, I will. I did some maths and I think I was using to high a power for my 'scopes resolution, gonna try and dial it down a little for tonight (hopefully.)

Archived