sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_3.thumb.jpg.30e9b298c34c80517e8b443ce153fce3.jpg

COMPLETED - EQ5 Synscan Pro Mount - Sold

Hello all! 

After a recent upgrade my EQ5 pro is now up for sale! I'm looking for £350. 

for that amount you get:

EQ5 Pro (good condition) - missing the polar scope cap...but doesn't affect operation at all. I have also made sure the polar scope is aligned to the mount!

Tripod

1 x Counterweight

Synscan Handset and Motor control box (these were only very recently replaced by Rother Valley Optics)

Polar scope illuminator

Cigar lighter power cable.

Due to the weight, i can't really get it delivered. However I am located in Birmingham and the buyer would be welcome to collect or if not too far we could arrange to meet.

This is also listed for sale on Astro buy/sell and on Facebook :)

EQ5 pro.jpg

Edited by StaceStar
Now sold
4 hours ago, StaceStar said:

- missing the polar scope cap...but doesn't affect operation at all. I have also made sure the polar scope is aligned to the mount!

Just curious - I have one of these where the polar scope is at an odd angle to the mount i.e.12 o’clock is not at the top - which is really annoying but I just use it as is. How did you align it??

ps I’m assuming you have the new clockface reticule...

Edited by Dazzyt66
12 minutes ago, Dazzyt66 said:

Just curious - I have one of these where the polar scope is at an odd angle to the mount i.e.12 o’clock is not at the top - which is really annoying but I just use it as is. How did you align it??

ps I’m assuming you have the new sinta reticule...

It's the old reticule I'm afraid. What I mean by aligning is when you align the cross hair on a tv aerial etc, turn the mount by 180 degrees and the cross hair still stays bang on the tv aerial. Tbh my new mount has the new reticle, I actually polar align via software. But if I was to do it manually I would turn the RA axis so that 0 or 12 o'clock is at the top. Then place Polaris where my handset or app says Polaris should be. I hope this helps! 

I'm actually planning on aligning manually at some point and then checking the accuracy with sharpcap 

1 hour ago, StaceStar said:

It's the old reticule I'm afraid. What I mean by aligning is when you align the cross hair on a tv aerial etc, turn the mount by 180 degrees and the cross hair still stays bang on the tv aerial. Tbh my new mount has the new reticle, I actually polar align via software. But if I was to do it manually I would turn the RA axis so that 0 or 12 o'clock is at the top. Then place Polaris where my handset or app says Polaris should be. I hope this helps! 

I'm actually planning on aligning manually at some point and then checking the accuracy with sharpcap 

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, that’s how I do mine. I just always assumed that 12 would be at the top when in the home position...mine has 10 at the top when ‘home’. Still works though.

Good luck with the sale!

• Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By WiltsStarGazer
      Hi,
      Just got a s/h EQ5 go-to mount and am trying to align the polar scope.
      The guy I bought it from used a Pole Master camera for polar alignment and I thing he had removed the polar scope to use that.
      The problem I am having, apart from having no manuals and being unable to find any online, is the target in is not in 'clock' position, i.e. 0 at the top 6 at the bottom, when the mount is in 'home' position, and therefore I can't see how I can polar align, and I not can't see a way to adjust it to what I think is the correct position.
      Also the green 24 hour clock ring is very loose even though the polar scope is fully screwed in, is there something missing from the slot underneath, ( please see photos attached)?
      I can understand adjusting the three screws to center the polar scope in the mount and I think I can work out actual polar alignment, there are enough videos on line for that but this has me stumped.
      Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
      Thanks

• By David Millen
      Help! I have a Skywatcher EQM-35 PRO GoTo mount for which I am unable to get the star alignment right, whether I use 1 star, 2 star, or 3 star alignment. I can get it polar aligned without any problem, but when it comes to star alignment it is way out. Choosing Sirius as the first star to align, the scope slews to the right general direction but about 20 deg. lower and slightly to the east of where it should be. The mount is perfectly level. I have checked, and double checked, all the settings, longitude and latitude ( N 50:41:46 W 3:13:53), Date in mm:dd:yr format, Time, Time Zone (0), Elevation (25m) and Daylight Saving Time (Yes). I am at a complete loss what to do next. I am getting close to chucking the lot into the sea!!! Before I do that anyone got any suggestions? 
    • By Turbocoo
      As above looking for scopes for both these mounts. Thanks 
    • By AngHor
      I have a SkyWatcher AZ-EQ5 mount. It’s all working fine, except I have an issue with alignment. This applies whether I’m in EQ or Alt-Az mode.
      I set it up using  one or two star align without problems.
      However if I use the handset to GoTo another object, I usually need to do fine tuning adjustments to centre on the new object. But the mount disregards these adjustments, so if I use the GoTo system to centre on a nearby object, or revisit the original object a second time, it’s still off by the same amount.
      How do I tell the mount that I have centred on the new object and that it should now be aligned with that object ? 
      My iOptron MiniTower has a feature that does exactly this – once set up correctly and aligned, for each new object I go to there is an “ALIGN” option, and if I use this it now knows the correct position. Can I do this with SkyWatcher and Synscan ?
      Thanks. Angelo
    • By catman161
      Hi Everyone, 

So it seems that after my clear out of the "Big" scopes life circumstances are meaning it is less and less likely that I will be able to do any astro which is a shame indeed. 

I am therefore putting my little "Grab 'n' Go" setup up for sale 

This is an absolute little beauty of a telescope. Really excells on planets and lunar work and solar (appropriate filters must be utilised - never point a telescope at the sun unless you are an experienced solar astro buff!) 

I was very unimpressed with the flimsy tripod that came with the scope and managed to source a purpose built and absolutely solid portable pillar mount for it. Its is steel construct and is ingenious in that it allows levelling of the feet and also levelling at the plate too thanks to the utilisation of three springs and wing nuts to allow for easy adjustment. 

Not only is the pillar great for the levelling option it has but it also has removable legs to allow for easy transportation to dark sky sites. The legs simply slid into place and the steel cable is tensioned by hand through easy use of the inline bolt brackets. 

This is a whole package deal - perfect for anyone wanting to start astro or just have a great little portable setup. 

SO, whats included? Included in this sale are the following:

- Skywatcher Skymax 127 Maksutov OTA - mint condition, no marks of blemishes
      - Purpose built solid, tubular steel pillar levelling mount 
      - Baader Planetarium Hyperion 8-24mm clickstop Zoom Eyepiece 
      - Skywatcher 9x50 RACI Finderscope 
      - Greenwitch Astronomy original all weather telescope cover (you can't get these anymore!)
      - Skywatcher Synscan Al-Az mount and Hand Control 
      - 12 V power cable 
      - Original factory fitted straight through 8x30 finder scope and bracket/shoe
      - Instruction manual 
      £400

This has all been kept in my observatory under the cover throughout. It really is in excellent condition and cost me quite a bit to put together so I have priced it competitively. Please no offers. 

Is collection only and (of course) covid safe exchange. I prefer bank transfer as payment.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.