Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

• Announcements

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_rgb_winners.thumb.jpg.76afad2f76e2775222463282012f8ea7.jpg

MrsGnomus

COMPLETED - ** SOLD - PLEASE REMOVE ** Celestron Luminos Eyepieces - full set

MrsGnomus    200
Posted (edited)

A full set of Celestron Luminos Eyepieces complete with end caps.  These 82 degree eyepieces are 2” and 1.25” depending on focal length.  We have since bought some 100 degree eyepieces so these are not getting used any more.

Be aware that the 31mm is a BIG eyepiece at just under 3lbs in weight – it was great in the big Dob.  I have the original boxes for all eyepieces except the 7mm and 10mm.  All prices include delivery.  If anyone wants to buy all 6 along with the Maplin ‘Peli-style’ case shown in the photo please message me.  

Prices as follows:

ALL SOLD NOW

31mm - £135
23mm - £115
19mm - £95
**SOLD 15mm - £65 **
10mm - £65
**SOLD 7mm - £65 **

I’m happy to send other pictures of individual eyepieces if folks want.

These are also up for sale on UK ABS

Luminos1200.thumb.jpg.608e859f2c7d23b8db24078487bbdbab.jpg

Edited by MrsGnomus

Lockie    4,222

PM'd regarding 7mm & 15mm.

DRT    4,884
Posted (edited)

If Chris doesn't buy the 7mm & 15mm I would be interested in buying the whole set if we could agree a price.

I would not need the Peli case and I can collect so no shipping cost would be required.

Derek

Edited by DRT

Lockie    4,222

It's probably in your best interests to sell the full set to Derek, especially as you wont have to ship them :) 

If however you can't agree a price, I would still be interested, especially with the 7mm which is a cracking eyepiece! :) 

DRT    4,884

Chris,

Sorry, I wasn't trying to Gazump you! 😳

If you agree to buy the ones you want please go ahead. 

Derek

MrsGnomus    200

Oops - just checked in and don’t know what to do!

Chris, you got back to me first and I feel morally obliged to try and agree a price with you if you still want the two eyepieces. I will reply to your PM in a moment. 

Derek, you’ve seen what I have said to Chris. Can you let me know if you would want the remaining 4 eyepieces if Chris does buy the two he is after or do you only want the full set?

DRT    4,884

Please proceed with Chris as though I was not here - I am very firmly in the camp of "first come first serve" in these situations.

Please then send me a PM with a price for what is left, excluding the case and delivery.

MrsGnomus    200
2 minutes ago, DRT said:

Please proceed with Chris as though I was not here - I am very firmly in the camp of "first come first serve" in these situations.

Please then send me a PM with a price for what is left, excluding the case and delivery.

Thanks for being decent about it Derek. I will get back to you via PM once I have heard back from Chris.

Lockie    4,222

Sorry for the delay, just got back from a 12 hour night shift. That's very decent of you both :) I'll reply to the PM right away, thanks :) 

Lockie    4,222
14 hours ago, DRT said:

Chris,

Sorry, I wasn't trying to Gazump you! 😳

If you agree to buy the ones you want please go ahead. 

Derek

Hey Derek, no worries, I didn't have any thoughts about you gazumping me :)  I just thought I'd put MrsGnomus's mind at rest regarding any moral obligation for first come first served when your offer was so appealing!

Not sure if the above makes sense as I'm so tired, hopefully you get what I mean:coffee: 

MrsGnomus    200

OK: 7mm and 15mm now sold:  Thanks Chris....

• Like 1

DRT    4,884
14 hours ago, MrsGnomus said:

Thanks for being decent about it Derek. I will get back to you via PM once I have heard back from Chris.

Hi, I am still interested in the other four so please send me a PM with a price on the basis of excluding postage and the case. Thanks.

MrsGnomus    200

Remaining eyepieces sold to Derek.  Thanks Derek.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

MrsGnomus    200

ALL EYEPIECES NOW SOLD.  

Could mods please remove?

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MrsGnomus
      Celestron Sky Q module. Purchased new back in 2015 to use with a CGEM (which is also up for sale). The device creates a WiFi signal which you can connect to with an iOS or Android device so that you can control the mount with Apps such as Sky Safari (that is what we used). Alternatively you can use Celestron’s free Sky Portal App.
      £70 including delivery. 
      The item is also up for sale on UK ABS

• By MrsGnomus
      This was bought new back in 2014. It was used for a short time in our observatory before we decided to get a Mesu 200 in late 2015. Following that, it received little use – we would occasionally get it out for visual work. Further purchases have meant that the CGEM is now not being used at all, and it is time to shift it on. 
      The CGEM is, in most respects, equivalent to an EQ6, although you should be aware that it cannot be used with EQMOD. It comes with the original tripod and a 17 lb counterweight (as shown in the photo). It comes with the 12V cigar plug power cable. 
      •    Payload Capacity: 40 lb (18.14 kg) – visual
      •    Computer Hand Control: Double line, 16 character Liquid Crystal Display
      •    40,000 object database with over 100 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects
      I kept the original foam for storing the mount, but the original box has gone. The total weight of the package is not far short of 80 lbs. I don’t know how much it would cost to ship (or quite how I would ship it), so I think collection would be required. I don’t mind driving a reasonable distance to deliver or exchange (maybe we could meet half way).
      Note that I am also separately selling a Sky Q Link which works with this mount and enables you to control it using an IOS or Android device. 
      £580
      The mount is also for sale on UK ABS

• By meanster99
      Hi All,
      Thanks for seeing me! Just joined the lounge and looking for some advice. 
      I am a few-weeks-old newbie, recently bought a Skywatcher Heritage 130P f/5 Dob (bought for my 8 year old but having too much fun with it myself!) and looking to upgrade the eyepieces that came with it (the generic Super 10mm and Super 25mm). I also bought a Celestron 2x Barlow and Celestron Omni 4mm Plossl within a few days of buying the scope.
      I live in Sydney, Australia, in an area with quite bad light pollution and little visible sky (about 45 deg in the East/South East) - trees and houses block most of the sky from my balcony. However, I've been fortunate enough to have Jupiter, Saturn and Mars, and the moon visible from my balcony late at night/early morning for the last few weeks and have made the most of it! So much so, that I'm wanting to improve things as best I can with eyepieces, while also planning for the future when I have a bigger scope and better view (and even just taking my 130P out into the middle of nowhere on occasion).
      I wear glasses and have astigmatism but tend to take my glasses off whenever I look through an eyepiece. Short eye relief doesn't seem to bother me, yet. Using the 10mm with my Barlow, or just the 4mm (or even just the 10mm) I can see the bands and GRS on Jupiter, I can almost make out the Cassini division on Saturn and the moon is obviously full of detail (Mars has no surface features visible - desperately waiting for the opposition in July!). I've probably been blessed with good seeing over a few nights of the last few weeks.
      Anyway, I have about $500 AUD (Australian Dollars) that I could potentially spend on upgrading my eyepieces and wanted some advice (I know I could put this money towards a better scope, but I just want to get the most from my 130P right now, while keeping an eye on the future). From the limited research I've been able to do, I had come to the conclusion I should buy a high-end eyepiece for planetary viewing (maybe a 7mm Televue DeLite), a blue 80A filter and maybe even replace my current Celestron 2x Barlow with a TV 2x Barlow or maybe even one of their Powermates (or their 3x Barlow).
      I can't seem to find many second-hand resources here in Oz, so am looking to buy new, unless something better is presented to me.
      Given all the info above (happy to provide further details if required), what would you recommend?

• By LuminousCRO
      Hi stargazers! 
      I don't have a DSLR, but I have expensive mirrorless camera so I need wide lens on top of the eyepiece. I need at least 65 degree fov. I did research but I still didn't find anything good.
      Luminous
      Thank you in advance!
    • By lostboys
      Hi
      need some expert advice, I have been looking at the celestron 800 edge hd cgx.
      is this kit any good and can someone clarify that this is a go to mount with a hand controller capable of slewing to any object in its database (the same as celestron nextstar), if so how does the handset work around doing a meridian flip?

i have also been looking at the celestron cpc 1100 gps xlt, if I fit a hyperstar to this telescope would I be able to do astrophotography with this telescope without buying the hd wedge, as I know it will make it roughly a f2.3 and I would be able to take 20 second exposures.
      sorry for all the questions but I know you guys are the font of all knowledge!