Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

• Announcements

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_open_clusters.thumb.jpg.f534ff4cbeb9f1a55a0d894ac8bc190b.jpg

William Jones

Dummy Battery for Canon 100D

Hi Guys

i have today received a dummy battery for my Canon 100D from an eBay supplier in Germany.

The Ad said that it is for the Canon 100D but upon looking at it , the aperture slot that you insert the power supply jack plug is on the rear end of the battery and therefore it prevents you from closing the battery lid on the camera.

This lid has to be closed for a small spigot on the underside of the lid to depress a sensor on the camera .

Any ideas how I can get over this problem at all?

Will

Grant    1,233

Have you got a picture?

With the dummy battery I use on my 100D the cable passes through a little rubber gasket / cover on the camera just to the side of the battery compartment so that the lid can close fully.

• Like 1

Davey-T    10,271

As per Grant above, there should be a route out so you can close the cover, may be in the manual somewhere.

Dave

Yes Dave there is a route out at the side but if you can imagine that the jack plug is inserted into the rear end of the dummy battery which does not allow the lid to close

Where did you buy your dummy battery for your 100D ?

I was expecting my dummy battery to arrive with a cutout in one side where you attach the power lead jack plug, but unfortunately the jack plug slot is in the rear end , hence when the jack plug is inserted it prevents the lid from closing

Davey-T    10,271

Mines like this, no plug, I should return it if it doesn't fit as advertised for Canon.

Dave

Canon-dummy.png.37df2d62e795c756987bfc4a199e2d91.png

LightBucket    429

This is also another image of how they should look...with the connector on the side and a right angle jack plug..

065DD5A8-6B7A-4C33-903C-D3E7540DBAA6.jpeg