SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Dummy Battery for Canon 100D

Hi Guys

i have today received a dummy battery for my Canon 100D from an eBay supplier in Germany.

The Ad said that it is for the Canon 100D but upon looking at it , the aperture slot that you insert the power supply jack plug is on the rear end of the battery and therefore it prevents you from closing the battery lid on the camera.

This lid has to be closed for a small spigot on the underside of the lid to depress a sensor on the camera .

Any ideas how I can get over this problem at all?

Will

Have you got a picture?

With the dummy battery I use on my 100D the cable passes through a little rubber gasket / cover on the camera just to the side of the battery compartment so that the lid can close fully.

Where did you buy your dummy battery for your 100D ?

I was expecting my dummy battery to arrive with a cutout in one side where you attach the power lead jack plug, but unfortunately the jack plug slot is in the rear end , hence when the jack plug is inserted it prevents the lid from closing

Archived