Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC4151 & SN2018aoq (bagged)

alanjgreen

Last night I bagged SN2018aoq in the 20" dob. Here are my notes...

NGC4151 & SN2018aoq.

Finding the correct galaxy took a few moments as there were three to choose from. Once the correct one was picked then the second nearby galaxy really helped me to orient myself against my pencil sketch that I took outside with me.

I tried Ethos13 (x150), E10 (x200), E8 (x250) & E6 (x350) eyepieces on the galaxy.

The supernova was best in the Ethos6, I was able to hold it in direct vision. The triangle of "three stars" (one of them is the SN) was clearly seen with the supernova the hardest of the three to pick up with your eye.

The SN was clear in the E10 & E8 too.

I needed averted to pick it out in the E13 although the two stars in the "triangle" were easy in the E13.

image.png.45f9d645d2c5fa951f4bfaa4472fe9d2.png

There have been so many supernova in Ursa Major “this season” that I have lost count of how many I have seen, I must be into double figures by now (need to go back and count them up from my notes one rainy day!).

Alan

Archived