Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_inspirational_skies.thumb.jpg.a20cdbfeadc049807f6d78e6c00ee900.jpg

Penguin

Is there such a thing as a reliable USB hub?

@Dr_Ju_ju They seem to be eluding me. Perhaps it's the heat. 

i am intersted in buying this hub from startech https://www.startech.com/uk/Cards-Adapters/USB-3.0/Hubs/7-port-usb-3-hub~ST7300U3M

i would like to know if anyone uses it at the field with a 12v battery and if possible if they know the input power range, i am thinking of boosting the input voltage to 13.5v as i have with my mount and camera and i don't have any issues. From an email i sent startech they quoted me the specs from the product that only says 12v input voltage

Posted (edited)

I think it's 11-18v but I don't know where I got that information.   I have a StarTech USB2 hub which I ran off my standard 13.8v observatory supply.

Edited by Gina

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By JAFULTON
      Hi guys and gals,
      I recently purchased a pair of Nikon Aculon 10-22×50 Zoom binoculars for around $179 and I'm pretty disappointed with them.  I live in Semi-rural northeast Texas and was looking for a good pair of binoculars for a casual stargazer like myself.  I thought these would be the perfect pair, I was wrong. The field of view is pretty small and the focus is annoying.  The view is like tunnel vision at 10× and too dark at 22×. 
      Do any of you individuals have any helpful suggestions on what exactly I should get that suites my individual needs?
      I am looking for something that won't break the bank (under $300), has a large field of view, would allow me to see the moons of Jupiter, the Andromeda Galaxy, starclusters, nebulae, and maybe some of the Messier Objects?  Also, without a tripod needed. I would like something  that is comfortable on the eye and easy to hold.
      Its asking a lot, I know. But I'm hoping some of you who are more knowledgeable on the subject would be able to help me out?
      Thanks.

• By DeepSkyMan
      Anybody from the UK ever buy a Feathertouch  Microfocuser from the US?  I’m considering replacing my Baader Steeltrack with the Feathertouch.  Comparing prices in the UK against suppliers in the US it seems that it might be beneficial to buy direct from the US, especially considering that as a CN member you get 10% discount from Astronomics.  If the package is small enough it might just get by customs as well 🙂 
    • By Ste297
      Hi I am very new to this and looking to buy my first telescope I dint have a very big budget and looking at a secondhand scope at first. I have come across this on eBay and was wondering what people think of it 
      A Saxon 130 reflector telescope  on an EQ2 mount and has motor drive it comes with 1.5x erecting eyepiece and a Super 10mm eyepiece

Thanks in advance 

Ste
    • By Angusmac62
      Hi Everyone,
      Like a few others out there, my wife and I are new to Astronomy.  We are currently looking at purchasing our first Telescope and have been looking at some of the posts on your great forums.
      We thought we had an idea of what we wanted to get but like everyone, that changes with the information you give and receive from others and what you want to be able to do.
      I am going to take the advice from some of your members and do a bit more reading before spending our hard earned cash.
      My questions are as follows:
      1. We currently do a lot of birdwatching.  Would the Nikon ProStaff 5 Fieldscope 82mm Angled Scope Body and Eyepiece be suitable for some viewing just now until we decide what Telescope and Mount to Purchase?
      2. Would we need to purchase any Filters for the Scope if it is of any use?
      3. We have a couple of sets of Binocculars that we use for birdwatching, would these be any good for viewing anything (Bresser 8 x 42 & 10 x 50)?
      Look forward to any replies and advice you can give.
      Kind Regards
      Angus
    • By GalacticFunatic
      Hey everybody, I’m thinking about picking up a new telescope this year. My budget is about $1000. The features I would like to have with my scope would be it’s GPS enabled, computerized motor system, an HD camera etc. I’m sure you know what I’m looking for. Anyone who could help steer me in in the right direction would be much appreciated. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.